thunderbolt85
Monday, June 22, 2015 11:14:04 AM
So just wondering what happened to a few of MBGS rides that they had, I know some went to BCA, but what about the following:

Sky Wheel
German Fun House
Spider
Scrambler
Extasy (sp?)
Thunderbolt
cny_chris
Monday, June 22, 2015 12:31:54 PM
Skywheel went to Belle City. see below

Extasy is rotting into the ground at their former WQ (as of February). Dream Machine is also parked there. No other rides left there, from what could be seen.

Spider, Scrambler, Ring of Fire, and one other ride went to Fun City Shows/Fun For Everyone Shows (Mike Robb). They are now off the road, some of their equipment is booked with Modern Midways, where Mike runs a unit.

No idea about the other pieces you mention.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
thunderbolt85
Monday, June 22, 2015 2:46:49 PM
Originally Posted by: cny_chris 

Skywheel went to Belle City.

Extasy is rotting into the ground at their former WQ (as of February). Dream Machine is also parked there. No other rides left there, from what could be seen.

Spider, Scrambler, Ring of Fire, and one other ride went to Fun City Shows/Fun For Everyone Shows (Mike Robb). They are now off the road, some of their equipment is booked with Modern Midways, where Mike runs a unit.

No idea about the other pieces you mention.

I thought that BCA had their own Sky Wheel before the merger/buyout with MBGS, did they buy it for parts?
cny_chris
Monday, June 22, 2015 3:45:14 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I thought that BCA had their own Sky Wheel before the merger/buyout with MBGS, did they buy it for parts?

My bad, BCA didn't buy it. Had a brain fart there for a minute. Went to one of the Otterbachers, then to Dixieland, then to Todd Armstrong.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, June 22, 2015 9:01:56 PM
Fourth ride Mike Robb bought was a Super Raiders.
Thrill Seeker
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:06:58 AM
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:03:02 AM
Well, guess the German Fun House is rotting as well like so many others, thanks for all the info.
Matt C.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:07:31 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Well, guess the German Fun House is rotting as well like so many others, thanks for all the info.

I dont remember them having a German Fun House on the road during their last 5 years of business. At least, I never saw it when I visited them in Des Moines, Peoria, Naples, etc...
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:06:52 AM
Originally Posted by: Matt C. 

I dont remember them having a German Fun House on the road during their last 5 years of business. At least, I never saw it when I visited them in Des Moines, Peoria, Naples, etc...

Yeah, it may have been off the road by the last five years I guess, I went to Peoria in 05 and 06 and it was there, I have a picture (hard copy) of it next to the Sky Wheel, unless it was a different kind but looked a lot like one, didn't go in.
Randy D.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 9:10:28 AM
That fun house would of been booked in. Bluegrass only had a Toon Town Fun House and someone working on the show at one time had a dark ride.
Tornado
Friday, June 26, 2015 8:09:48 AM
And Reithoffer has one of their Scooters and the SpeedWay too...
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, June 26, 2015 8:49:29 PM
Originally Posted by: cny_chris 

My bad, BCA didn't buy it. Had a brain fart there for a minute. Went to one of the Otterbachers, then to Dixieland, then to Todd Armstrong.

That was Farrow's Skywheel that MBGS bought. I think their own Skywheel was parted out but don't know for sure. Last time I saw it at WQ the rim iron had been stolen.

itsapartytx
Sunday, August 8, 2021 9:32:58 AM
I use to work for bluegrass shows back in the 70s Jim Murphy use to own it
stoogie
Sunday, August 8, 2021 8:55:47 PM
I think Modern Midways got the SkyWheel as there is one sitting on Lincoln Hwy with MM logo.
Flying Coaster
Sunday, August 15, 2021 12:04:56 PM
The Skywheel, (The second one, former Farrow) got passed around to a couple of different shows and was sold to a private individual down near Lufkin, TX, where it has been standing in his parking lot for at least 2-3 years. I recently heard it was again for sale. Hopefully a good show picks it up and puts it out on the road where it belongs.
All Skywheels should be yeller.