JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, January 2, 2004 12:16:40 PM
I know this is probably a dumb question, but I thought that Mid America had the old Crown YoYo, I know that the one that Dick Carl had Yellow sweeps but the tower was Teal, and that kind of odd scenery, and I thought that Pugh had one just like it, only with Pink tower and Yellow Sweeps? Anyone here know for sure? I am only going by some of the pics I have seen from Chris Hurley. I'll post a picture of each one on my website, and you can tell me which one is with Mid America now.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
oscar de grouch
Friday, January 2, 2004 12:38:54 PM
The Crown YoYo sold at the auction in Florida we have the one that was Pugh's if you look on the main tower it still says Pugh Shows
Skywheelrider
Friday, January 2, 2004 2:19:58 PM
Okay, I can clear this up for Jimmy D. In 1995 Crown Amusements traded in their old 1970's Yo-Yo for a brand new one from Chance. It had teal sweeps, with the same scenery as you see on Mid America's, and a magenta (pink) tower. It had magenta (pink) on the ends of the sweeps, too. In 1996 Pugh Shows bought a brand new Yo-Yo from Chance, and is the same one that Mid America now has. Colours are still the same, yellow sweeps, with teal on the ends, with a teal tower and the same scenery. Before 2001, Pugh repainted the Crown Yo-Yo to a yellow and magenta colour scheme, keeping the same scenery. That Yo-Yo went in the Florida auction in 2002 to a show somewhere in the northeast, if I am not mistaken. Here is a link to a photo of the Crown Yo-Yo I took in June 1995, the year they bought it. [:)]

Crown Amusements 1995 Chance Yo-Yo photo, click here  

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Fetch
Friday, January 2, 2004 7:17:08 PM
Mid America always looking good. Happy New Year Katie!
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, January 3, 2004 9:39:10 AM
Thanks for Clearing that up Chris, Since I only have seen Mid America in pics it makes it hard to tell sometimes where a piece comes from, I remembered the Crown one from when I played with Dick Carl in '98, but I didnt have any pics of it, so I could only remember that it had some teal in it, so I guess that was what was confusing me. Does anyone on here know what happened to the one that Crown had?

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, January 3, 2004 10:42:55 AM
Nice pics c-spin , btw , when did it become acceptable to sit on the counters while workin' in the joint ?
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, January 3, 2004 12:32:35 PM
Most of the night everyone was doing crossword pussles! There was no one there! I even saw one guy sleeping!