bigiron
  •  bigiron
  • 50.1% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:42:27 AM
Why would they replace their inversion only after a couple of years with the same ride?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:01:16 PM
Could be easier to move, or they liked this model better.

Might be easier as far as R&M goes as well in some way.
Soda Guy
Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:14:36 PM

Or maybe they just wanted to. But really what does it matter why? Unless you have a financial interest in the deal why worry about it, why speculate? Relax and just enjoy the carnival when you visit and leave the worrying to the show owners and other food and game owners.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:13:49 PM
Originally Posted by: bigiron 

Why would they replace their inversion only after a couple of years with the same ride?

It was a good question bigiron hopefully down the road we might found out more.
rideguyray
Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:38:08 PM
Im going to guess they did not want to pay the cost of denny's leds for nemisis, so they did the next best thing, sold it and bought a new one that has RGB LEDS
they probably realized quickly that it was making lots of money so figured they would stay with that type of ride but just a slightly updated version
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
SideWinder
Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:39:51 PM
Originally Posted by: rideguyray 

Im going to guess they did not want to pay the cost of denny's leds for nemisis, so they did the next best thing, sold it and bought a new one that has RGB LEDS
they probably realized quickly that it was making lots of money so figured they would stay with that type of ride but just a slightly updated version

[banghead2 [banghead2 [banghead2 [banghead2 [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]
korny_carny
Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:15:14 PM
Anyone know what show in Canada picked it up?
Skywheelrider
Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:45:07 PM
Simple solution, find their contact information, and either call them or email them. If they respond, great, if not, then I guess no one needs to know.

Roman, I agree. Some need to just keep their thoughts to themselves. [doh]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, November 21, 2014 9:48:43 AM

Why do some of you get so upset about a legitimate question? this was not a question about an accident, losing a spot or why it was painted green. if he had reworded the question and left the show name out many would have responded. It could have been " Why do shows sell newer equipment and then buy the same piece again?" everyone does it. then people would have answered 1. there might be a new update the owner likes better, 2. could be a refinancing deal that could be better 3. investment back into show for tax purposes 4. someone made them an offer in selling it they could not turn down and 5.the list goes on.
crazyspin
Friday, November 21, 2014 10:09:31 AM
I wasn't criticizing the initial question. I was criticizing 'some' of the responses.
punkboysa18
Friday, November 21, 2014 10:45:42 AM
Originally Posted by: britt 

Why do some of you get so upset about a legitimate question? this was not a question about an accident, losing a spot or why it was painted green. if he had reworded the question and left the show name out many would have responded. It could have been " Why do shows sell newer equipment and then buy the same piece again?" everyone does it. then people would have answered 1. there might be a new update the owner likes better, 2. could be a refinancing deal that could be better 3. investment back into show for tax purposes 4. someone made them an offer in selling it they could not turn down and 5.the list goes on.

I don't know, but it's getting really old really fast. Pretty soon the only people left posting on here will be the ones complaining about what the other posts. Or the ones that will get defensive about this one. 😑

And please spare me the private message explaining how so and so needs a lecture on how a proper carnival fan should conduct themselves.

I sat in the doghouse and welcomed anyone that had questions about the machine or the business... In fact I learned several people with autism are naturally attracted to the lights and motion these rides provide. I can only imagine how some of these people would get treated here, oh wait I don't have to imagine...
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, November 21, 2014 2:33:20 PM
Originally Posted by: punkboysa18 

I don't know, but it's getting really old really fast. Pretty soon the only people left posting on here will be the ones complaining about what the other posts. Or the ones that will get defensive about this one. 😑

And please spare me the private message explaining how so and so needs a lecture on how a proper carnival fan should conduct themselves.

I sat in the doghouse and welcomed anyone that had questions about the machine or the business... In fact I learned several people with autism are naturally attracted to the lights and motion these rides provide. I can only imagine how some of these people would get treated here, oh wait I don't have to imagine...

Excellent post. The constant bashing of people asking questions/posting responses by the self appointed experts on here is ridiculous. Hey self appointed experts - how bout you STFU because no one is interested in what you have to say!
rideguyray
Friday, November 21, 2014 6:12:08 PM
Originally Posted by: rdcolles 

Excellent post. The constant bashing of people asking questions/posting responses by the self appointed experts on here is ridiculous. Hey self appointed experts - how bout you STFU because no one is interested in what you have to say!

Well said Rdcolles
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
Matt C.
Saturday, November 22, 2014 12:46:04 AM
KMG said the newer model had an updated LED light package and updated software, but otherwise the same ride. I think PBJ changed some things on the newer one to make it more custom to their liking as well (racking, etc). And for them to get a new one, it didn't cost too much more because the old one still held its value. It's kind of like trading in your gently used car on a newer model for only a few bucks extra.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com