carnivalkits
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 10:25:49 AM
You probably have seen Laser Tech Studios model of the Freak Out.. if not here is the utube link.

I supplied the control system electronics and programing for the model, I can do custom systems for just about any model you might want to see run like the actual ride. If interested PM me or email me at carnivalkits@aol.com

Rich Schmiedecke
carnivalkitsllc
carnivalkits@aol.com
crazyspin
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:55:01 PM
I've had Rich build me several electrical systems and they are GREAT! I have a fully running super loops and Fireball that start, stop and run a ride sequence just like the real ride!!! He does amazing work!!
carnivalkits
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:14:53 PM
Thanks Andrew, It was great working with you. Maybe bring another ride to Gibsontown and I can design another system for another ride. Still not happy with the bulgy center ughhhhh. it works but not all the time so back to the drawing board.
crazyspin
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 10:50:30 PM
I probably will bring another one! I have a few projects in mind. Skip is talking about coming down again as well so we can have another modelers meeting.
SideWinder
Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:18:09 PM
How about building a complete drive for an "Evolution". It would help me big time....
carnivalkits
Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:04:54 PM
Do you have the mechanical worked out? If I were going to do it I would put the turn motor in the main swing shaft and put some slip rings on the top to get power to it. The turn motor would be fairly easy with one crown gear and one spur gear and put the motor in the base to swing the ride. I would probably weight the top to get it close to balance. If you can get it that far I can do the electronics to make it run.
SideWinder
Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:01:23 PM
Originally Posted by: carnivalkits 

Do you have the mechanical worked out? If I were going to do it I would put the turn motor in the main swing shaft and put some slip rings on the top to get power to it. The turn motor would be fairly easy with one crown gear and one spur gear and put the motor in the base to swing the ride. I would probably weight the top to get it close to balance. If you can get it that far I can do the electronics to make it run.

Hell I don't even have it built yet, just trying to get some ideas so I can motorize it while I'm building it. It's R.A.H. Piece I purchased. I have all the parts laid out on my work bench and am just trying to figure out the best possible way to make it run like the real ride. Like adding mechanical at the right times while assembling the ride....
carnivalkits
Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:21:16 PM
Don't forget some way to make the floor drop so the wheel will clear as it swings. Yes you need to build the mechanical into the ride as you build it since you will have to modify it to fit the new parts. The thing that the computer control system brings to the party is that there is no need for trying to figure out how to make the ride start out slow then speed up and turn and do what ever the actual ride does the computer does it all.