BeauceCarnavalMan
Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:43:20 AM
This has been around for a few days now not sure why it did not make its way on here.

“We are very excited to bring our presentation to London and the Western Fair; we believe that our newly-formed association will bring a brand new and exciting era to the Fair, the possibilities are endless,” said Tony Diaz President of North American Midway Entertainment upon the signing of the new agreement. “In 2015 we are bringing many new rides that have never appeared at the Western Fair before.”

NAME will continue to honour Western Fair’s tradition, since 1867, of providing the community with a superior entertainment product, great energy, fun, and community celebration and has committed to present at the 2015 Western Fair: a Blitzer Roller Coaster; Niagara Falls Water Flume Ride; a 110-Foot Giant Ferris Wheel; Mega Drop Tower and Mach 3 ride, which is a 37 meter arm that with two seats mounted at each end, produces a 3.5g on riders, to name a few of the new rides. Diaz also noted that due to the size of the ride inventory, new and exciting rides will be provided year-after-year to keep the midway presentation fresh and exciting.

http://www.westernfairdi...ent_sign_10year_contract 

All NAME needs now is the PNE in Vancouver and Expo Quebec in Quebec City and they have all of Canada's largest fairs.
BeauceCarnavalMan
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:09:06 AM
Would you really want them to have all the fairs? Competition is a good thing.
RodB
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:13:30 AM
RodB
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:15:42 AM
They noted a large inventory of rides so they can keep the midway "fresh" and "exciting".

I would have to respectfully disagree with that having attended one of their state fairs quite a few years.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Sunday, October 12, 2014 12:55:22 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

They noted a large inventory of rides so they can keep the midway "fresh" and "exciting".

I would have to respectfully disagree with that having attended one of their state fairs quite a few years.

They do have a large inventory, they just do not move rides between units like they should
BeauceCarnavalMan
BeauceCarnavalMan
Sunday, October 12, 2014 12:56:52 AM
Originally Posted by: rodler 

Never said I wanted or not wanted them too. Just stated facts.
BeauceCarnavalMan
JustinJames
Sunday, October 12, 2014 4:52:30 AM
A large inventory can have many interpretations. If you have 14 Tilts for example... well, you know where this is going.

Wade, Strates, Deggeler, RCS, Reithoffer ect ect come to mind as shows who can talk the talk and walk the walk a little bit stronger. Inventory is nice... but an arsenal is a different ballgame all together.

I am not bashing NAME.. just giving my own observation.
tiltcharles
Sunday, October 12, 2014 9:59:19 AM
I'm not against name either but I'm not impressed when I see the show. What you have to remember is that everyone takes a different approach and has different strengths. Name is run by game operators more than anything.
korny_carny
Sunday, October 12, 2014 4:26:33 PM
London was a spot I always wanted to visit, to see a variety of Canadian Shows. Guess I can save 2 hours and just see NAME in Toronto.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, October 13, 2014 3:08:29 AM
Originally Posted by: korny_carny 

London was a spot I always wanted to visit, to see a variety of Canadian Shows. Guess I can save 2 hours and just see NAME in Toronto.

Drive to Expo Quebec you will be happy
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tornado
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:22:29 PM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

A large inventory can have many interpretations. If you have 14 Tilts for example... well, you know where this is going.

Wade, Strates, Deggeler, RCS, Reithoffer ect ect come to mind as shows who can talk the talk and walk the walk a little bit stronger. Inventory is nice... but an arsenal is a different ballgame all together.

I am not bashing NAME.. just giving my own observation.

Great point Justin...
Didn't Gooding during their Hey-Day say they had as many as 12 units on the road and somewhere around 169 rides (remember reading that years ago in Carousel/Carnival magazine). So if they had 12 MGR's, 12 tilts, 12 scramblers and 12 slides, etc. etc. it does not actually make for a great arsenal as you pointed out...
Matt C.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:23:58 PM
Whats the signing mean for the CNE? I believe their dates overlap.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:29:25 PM
Originally Posted by: Matt C. 

Whats the signing mean for the CNE? I believe their dates overlap.

Good point, more "booked" equipment? When RAS was up there, did they have all these spots as well, can't remember all of their route, but I know they had a good many of them.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:25:32 PM
Western Fair runs AFTER CNE. Impact will be on Big E. Several pieces that usually go to Big E are mentioned for London such as flume etc.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:22:05 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Western Fair runs AFTER CNE. Impact will be on Big E. Several pieces that usually go to Big E are mentioned for London such as flume etc.

Which means it might affect Columbia as well, SC State fair is right after the Big E, should be interesting to see what happens next year.

They are supposed to have the Upper SC State fair this year as well, so see where that goes.