mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:31:20 PM
Went out to the Contra Costa County Fair in Antioch, CA. Termperature was about 85.

Midway of Fun provides the carnival. Today they ran a special. All rides were $1.00 each. The catch? Many of the rides weren't put together or were simply not running.

Ride list included:

Wipeout (not running)
Zipper
Dark Ride
Explorer
Bumper Cars
Century Wheel
Flying Bobs (Not running)
Gravatron
Yo-Yo (not running)
MGR
Slide (not open)
Kamakaze (Not running)
Cobra (Nor running)
Wacky Work coaster
That wisdom intermediate ride everyone ownes
8-10 kiddie rides (of which most were running)

Tickets are $1.00 each. Value sheets of 20 sold for $20.00. Rides require 3-5 tickets. Other than rides not running, all the equipment was nicely painted. A nice show.

Regards,

Mike
Erik9976
Friday, May 30, 2014 1:39:27 PM
ridejocky
Saturday, May 31, 2014 11:36:25 PM
The rides that weren't running should be free.
Ride the Zipper?
Patrick McGuire
Sunday, June 8, 2014 4:43:56 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the trip report. I almost went to this fair but I found out that they weren't bringing the Round Up so I skipped it. I am going to the Stockton Fair this year because Harry Mason told me that are bringing the Round Up which I guess they recently acquired. There hasn't been a Round Up at our fair in decades, probably the 1980's or earlier. I am not sure if you are planning to go or not but if so I would be happy to meet up with you. I might be going with the same friends I was with last year when we met up at the Mid State Fair, which I may do again this year, not sure yet.

Thanks for posting that earlier post about Midway of Fun's new rides. I wonder when they are going to put out that Bayerne Curve. That would be fun to ride too. Such a rarety these days. Last time I rode that ride was when they had one at Marriot's Great America back in the 1970's.

Also would love to see their Cobra. Hasn't been one of these in CA for years either. Nice to see they added some old classics to their line up.

Patrick
Patrick McGuire
Stockton, CA
pmcguire16@comcast.net