carnivalkits
Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:29:46 PM
This model is owned by a show in South Florida that I have put a ride control system on. It is totally electronic and runs via a microcomputer that drives a motor control board. The timing of the ride is determined by the computer and the distance each swing makes is done by detecting the number of switch closures made by a sensor that divides the loop into 12 points. The train, once it has hit the number of switch count then slows to a stop. A short time later the train starts back slowly then building speed. This slow start/stop is to make the ride look closer to the actual ride and to save the gears.

SideWinder
Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:13:52 PM
Ok, so as a curiosity question, when does it actually start to speed up and run like the real ride?? all I saw from that video was SUPER SLOW not SUPER LOOP....what you did there was a great idea but it needs to go much faster if it is to "RUN LIKE THE REAL RIDE" I'm not bashing, just asking....
carnivalkits
Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:34:49 PM
No Problem, the speed of this model is set at about 4 rpm. I think the actual ride does about 6. The show owner requested the speed. The system can do a lot faster if that is what you want.

Ps if you have the ride and want it to do twice as fast and have the recourses we can deal.

did some rechecking this model is running about 6 rpm. The actual ride is faster but again the system can do it.
skydiver77
Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:41:52 PM
I like it. It runs true to the real ride with how it rocks back & forth until it loops at the top.