daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:15:42 PM
Does anyone else do this or feel this way. so many projects and ideas going at once. Never finishing something and having multiple things going at once.
I have like 5 projects going but i want to start another because i don have the money or the supplies for the things i have working on. lol feel like i'm going mad.
Things i have going on lol
Insider
merry go round
alpine bobs
giant wheel and star ship refurb

Skywheelrider
Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:39:46 PM
I try to work on one project at a time, and that's it. Although I did start a scratch built model back in December and ended up putting it off to the side, I will get to it either after I finished the Matterhorn I am working on or the Kiddie Scrambler if I choose to do that one after the Matterhorn. But it will get done eventually, it's a Miami-trip ride (like a Gee Wiz/Avalanche type popular over in Europe).
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:07:50 PM
I have a Toboggan and a Twister that I started in 1988 and never finished. Bought a Hamm Toboggan kit a couple years ago so the scratchbuilt one will never be finished.
Started modifying a Faller old style scooter into a Musik Express a year or two before Faller came out with their own Musik Express. Maybe I'll make the kit-bashed one into a Majestic.
Skywheelrider
Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:51:22 PM
Wow, 1988. Sheesh. LOL My Heart Flip I remember starting around 1997 or 1998, and finally finished it in 2007, that's about the extent of it for me as for length of time to finish a model. I do have some models I have had for long time that over the years I fixed up, changed some parts out, added more details, etc. Example, one of my Sky Wheel's was originally built in 1994, and just two years ago I finally added signs to the towers. It's always an evolving process, this hobby!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Fabbri_Guy
Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:03:26 PM
That's why I try to limit myself to one ride a year. Because I know I'll get way of myself.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:04:54 AM
I have Toboggan, Twister, Log Flume, Demon World, Radar, loop-o-plane and a few others in various states of partial assembly over the years. I rebuild or repaint a piece or two every year. then I also build whatever new rides are at NYSF every year. That could be a problem this year if they change shows. Contract should be awarded around March 12.

SideWinder
Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:27:41 AM
#1 CARDINAL RULE: Always build ONE model at a time. That way you don't use wrong parts on the wrong ride....
korny_carny
Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:33:03 AM
I had about 6 or 7 projects going before I lost interest in them lol.
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:47:40 AM
I always have to keep at least 2 projects going at once. Breaks up the monotony, and makes more efficiency of time. Organization keeps the parts separated with each project.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:53:03 AM
Yikes 1988 is almost before me haha.. Glad I'm not the only one! Heres what I have to built:

Kamikaze-cummons
Century wheel- cummons
Fire ball/ super loops- cummons
Sky Diver-cummons
Flying bobs-cummons
Hampton cycle - cummons
Hampton boat- cummons

Speedway-anthony

Pirate-faller
Magnun-faller

Inversion-sven
Rockin tug-sven

And I owe Chris W a vertigo that was started 2 years ago. Not enough time in a day to work on stuff...
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, February 17, 2014 8:37:23 PM
yea so im glad im not the only one, the ones ive listed are only the ones ive started i have a few other kits still needing to be asembled. lol by the time i get the parts for what i am working on its all ready for it to be repainted again lol. waiting for money to get 4 faller motors and some non faller motors, and some i hope very cool strobe effects i saw online and stuff to build my bases and hook every thing up so all i have to do is plug in to a outlet.

Rockowheel
Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:09:23 PM
Been working on the coasterdynamix Comet coaster and it's seemingly taking forever, especially getting it to run properly.
skydiver77
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:20:41 PM
Speaking of the Faller Jungle Train, i'd like to see one converted into the Caterpillar like the Myrtle Beach Pavilion had & I think Reithoffer had it, but theirs was called the Rupen Bahn, or something like that. Getting the canopy to function like the real deal would be very difficult I can imagine!