Skywheelrider
Wednesday, December 24, 2003 9:17:43 PM
From up here in Michigan, I wish you all a truly Blessed CHRISTmas, and hope that none of us forget the real reason we celebrate this time of year.

"Then the angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favour with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name
Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.'"
LUKE 1:30-33 NKJV

"And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. So all went to be registered, everyone to his home city.
"Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child. So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
"Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.'
"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:

'Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace, and goodwill toward men!'"
LUKE 2:1-14 NKJV

And thus the greatest gift of all was given to us, by God. Jesus Christ, whose ultimate death on the cross at Calvary, taking our sins upon Him, and His ressurection, has given us the opportunity for everlasting life in Heaven. Believe in Him, His life, His death, and His ressurection, confess your sins to Him, and salvation is yours, for Jesus is the doorway to heaven, and ALL who wish to enter in MUST go through Him, and we should always be ready, for we are not given a promise to be alive tomorrow.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." JOHN 3:16,17 NKJV

Let us remember to always keep
CHRIST in CHRISTmas, and in our lives throughout each year. [^]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
carnivalangel14
Thursday, December 25, 2003 7:25:41 AM
Quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

[font=Comic Sans MS] From up here in Michigan, I wish you all a truly Blessed CHRISTmas, and hope that none of us forget the real reason we celebrate this time of year.
[blue][i]

Another Michigan over here wishing the same to everyone! I agree with ya 100% Chris![^]

~Vanessa~

*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
Mamatiger
Thursday, December 25, 2003 8:48:21 AM
Merry Christmas to all from the heart of Arkansas!
(Where, btw, it's 50 degrees and we're BBQ-ing [:D])
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
the_rock401
Thursday, December 25, 2003 10:45:07 AM
If the choir singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" with the organ roaring away at midnight Mass doesn't send chills down your spine, I don't know what will.

From the heart of the Frozen White North, Minnesota, a merry Christmas, and a happy and safe 2004.

PEACE ON EARTH
GOOD WILL TOWARDS MEN

Paul
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes you have to take a rain check.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL
J-bird
Thursday, December 25, 2003 3:33:45 PM
Chris, thanks for reminding us all of the real meaning of Christmas. How fortunate I have been today to spend the day with my family and being together. I also enjoyed spending time last night at Christmas mass at my church. Lets all strive to put Jesus first in our lives this next year and always. What a difference it will make.
Bashful_Tiger1
Friday, December 26, 2003 1:48:06 AM
A belated merry christmas to everybody and may the new year bring many blessings to all of us(i know I need as many as I can get).....and by the way, we're getting the same great weather as you mamateena(but I am in California-hahaha)[:D]
Salvation is free-But the annointing is going to cost you something.
Bashful_Tiger1
Friday, December 26, 2003 1:50:56 AM
ooops.....I'm sorry....that's mamatiger[:I]
Salvation is free-But the annointing is going to cost you something.