Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:11:16 PM
Ok I'm watching an episode of Americn Pickers and their in some old dudes barn who said he used to own a show...who is he and what show did he have?
squirrel
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:13:27 PM
There was one with a guy named Bear, I think up in Minnesota, and they did one down in Florida, too --

Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:31:45 PM
I think the guy in MN had some old Chance rides and they were not in Florid...Iowa or Illinois I think. Anyway he said his father owned a car dealership and when he ws 15 years old the "Circus came to town and I left with them, then I ended up owning the Carnival" He hada big barn full of Show stuff mainly game guts.

BTW they got a 3-4' wheel for 25.00~! SCORE!
squirrel
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:45:24 PM
This is what I found so far:
  • S01-E01: Mike and Frank try to acquire a vintage carnival ride from a reluctant seller named Bear; 12-foot advertising sign of the iconic Philip Morris bellhop; World War II Japanese samurai sword which they get appraised at the Rock Island Auction Company; old saddle; in Northeast Iowa: signs (U.S. Royal, Skelly Oil Company), bicycle seat, Defiance lantern, rare Harley-Davidson bicycle crank, bicycle, and a Vespa scooter frame.
  • S02-E14: A trip to Pennsylvania has the men exploring Historic Bushkill Park in Easton where they find vintage sideshow banners by Fred G. Johnson. Also, a trip to New York City includes a Staten Island storage unit filled with carnival memorabilia.
  • S02-E17: Mike and Frank challenge Danielle to sell a vintage carnival ride they've been storing for months. Meanwhile, the guys visit a collector with amazing pieces including an old gambling game used to get customers to spend more money. Later, the guys pick the International Clown Hall of Fame, where they find an amazing miniature automated carnival. And finally, after seeing at a Yamaha dirt bike for sale on a front lawn, retired mechanic Norm opens his garage to reveal a smoking-hot, 1967 Ford Fairlane muscle car.
  • S03-E10: The shop is busting at the seams so Mike and Frank task Danielle with getting a bid to expand the building while the guys head to Michigan hoping to strike automotive gold in the heart of the America's car capital. Clearing the contents of derelict storage lockers, Brian's sprawling auction house is a picker's playground where Mike and Frank get junk drunk as they dig deep and get a Hubley cast-iron motorcycle sidecar toy, Pabst blue ribbon ceramic beer bottle display, Bolex video camera, Detroit Lions bobblehead, Star Wars C-3PO scale model, Detroit Tigers figure, Vindex cast-iron bulldog electric cigarette lighter, and matchbooks. The guys next meet Jim's awesome collection of original automotive advertising art that yields a Honda 450 motorcycle painting, a battery-operated scale model of the Uniroyal Giant Tire Ferris wheel, Syd Mead concept car paintings, and a folk art tractor. And Tony wants to thin out his collection of old car and gas station memorabilia. Hoping for a lottery-style return, Mike and Frank battle it out for a collection of motometers before uncovering two items, each with a jaw-dropping pedigree, a Charles Lindberg coat and a 1908 Oldsmobile-manufactured leather license plate which Mike makes a sweet deal on with the curator of the R. E. Olds Transportation Museum[2] to ensure that the rare piece of car history finds a permanent place of honor.
  • S04-E08: Mike deals with an unmotivated seller in Tennessee named Tricky Dick where they get a Studebaker car jack, aluminum horse and jockey cutout off an arcade game or gambling device, and a coin-operated metal wild boar "Porky" kiddie ride with a case of beer. Mike and Frank visit a Clarksdale, Mississippi museum in the former WROX AM radio studio steeped in music history where they get two antique bird cages, porcelain service station light fixtures, shirt display stands, 1950s Williams Times Square pinball machine, and an Ingo bike. Also, the guys revisit Phil where they get tough negotiations over salvaged gems but still manage to get Uncle Sam and other United States military recruiting cards, 1950s water skiing bathing suit woman sign from a motel, Pontiac Indian head hood ornament, "Nature's Remedy" laxative sign, a wooden wheel, fire buckets, cymbal-banging monkey toys, cigar box tops, and hay carriers/trolleys.
  • S06-E06: An abandoned amusement park in Oklahoma is explored.

That's from the Wikipedia listings, but they might not be up to date