skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, October 7, 2013 10:10:15 PM
I'm working on an 8 seat outdoor ferris wheel for stuffed animals to ride in...similar to a Christmas ferris wheel. Anyway, I have the base already built, it's an A-frame base. What I need help on is what i'm going to attach the sweeps to in the center & how to do it. I know on most Wheels, the Sky Diver, Chance Giant Wheel, Eli Bridge Wheels, etc.. there are those "ribs" if you call them that, where the sweeps connect to on the sides. What i'm trying to figure out, is how can I attach the 16 total sweeps to those "ribs" in the center...the part that the ferris wheel sits on / spins on. Any pictures would be great! ...so I can look at the pictures & go by them. Or, just some simple info. of how to attach the sweeps to the center spindle somehow. I'm sure it's not too hard to do, just need to know how to do it. I know the real ferris wheels & wheel type rides out there are metal, but working with wood shouldn't be too hard to do. I've already got in my mind how i'm gonna build the sweeps & outer guide rim pieces, I just need to know how to attach the sweeps to the center. Thanks for any info. Oh, and the ferris wheel after i'm done should stand up between 9 & 10 feet tall, so yeah, it'll be neat to see and too large to fit inside my home. lol I have plans on putting a small motor on it somehow to turn it. Anyway, any help would be super. Later
skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:30:31 PM
Changed my mind, it won't be an entire wood ferris wheel, instead, the sweeps are gonna be 3/4" pvc pipe, making it much more lightweight! I may post pics soon of what it looks like. It'll be around 8 to 9 feet tall once it's finished. I might leave it free wheel or put a small electric motor on it to make it go 'round with. I had thought about building an 8 car Sky Diver, but that'd be challenging to say the least! The A-frame's already done, if I hadn't done the frame yet, then i'd build a scissor-lift frame so the Sky Diver would look more true to the real ride. I might build one of those later someday, but for now, it'll be a regular 8 seat Wheel. I plan on making it resemble an Eli Bridge Wheel a little, that "octagon" shape the Eli Wheels have.
itsapartytx
Monday, May 3, 2021 11:15:03 PM
How did you build your A frame I am having problems making a 3 leg frame for my ferris wheel....please contact me at ....sgtbillt@gmail.com thanks in advance