thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:43:40 AM
This may have been covered but was thinking about it while on another post. Carnivals that have been in movies, here is a few that I can think of and the shows that I know, maybe some of you can fill in blanks or think of others:

Wild Hogs: geewhiz had this one

My Girl: Good shots of Strates Shows (Rainbow, F&B Bumper Cars, Sky Wheel, etc)

Sleeping with the Enemy: Big A

Carnie (with Jodie Foster): Not sure of the show.

The Jerk: Butler?

Roller Coaster (movie): no carnivals, but good shots of carnival rides at the first park in the movie (Big Wheel, Trabant, Scram, Trooper, Roll O Plane, etc)

Malcom in the Middle Episode: Not sure of show

Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken: Used the Ferris Wheel and MGR from Childress Shows filmed at Orangeburg County Fairgrounds

FunHouse (horror): not sure of show
crazyspin
Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:21:39 AM
Big:
Reithoffer. Shots of Rainbow, Sky Diver, Super Loops and more. Later in the movie there are some more shots of a Yo-Yo and a wooden coaster
ladderman
Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:51:35 AM
Real steel- Degeller and playworld

The place beyond the pines- reithoffer

Can't remember the name but movie about a clown that has powers fights with his brother I think - Arnold amusements

Problem child- not sure of show but the famous pile seen on crazy dance is now Arnold's crazy dance
mgr man
Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:23:19 PM
splitbolt
Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:33:15 PM
Not exactly a movie but one episode of "In The Heat of The Night" had an episode centered around some ride jocks being involved in a case and it had Jimmy Drews Expo set up in what looked like a private set with a good number of minutes shot on Midway.
JustinJames
Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:44:53 PM
Video to Dave Mathews Band's American Baby had McDonagh Amusements inside the Silverdome.
jackpot59102
Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:54:34 PM
Hearts in Atlantis .... Funtime Carnival & Kissel Bros. Shows

A Girl Named Sooner .... Kissel Bros. Shows

doug
  •  doug
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:59:55 PM
Virginia was Schmidt Amusements
willdecided
Friday, October 4, 2013 12:22:48 AM
Originally Posted by: crazyspin 

Big:
Reithoffer. Shots of Rainbow, Sky Diver, Super Loops and more. Later in the movie there are some more shots of a Yo-Yo and a wooden coaster

There is also a shot of there Thunderbolt....
Skywheelrider
Friday, October 4, 2013 12:48:45 AM
This topic comes up at least once a year here. Just do a 'search' in the top right corner and type in 'carnivals' and 'movies' or something like that and all of the past topics will come up.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Skywheelrider
Friday, October 4, 2013 1:02:37 AM
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.co...ks-in-Movies-and-TV.aspx 

http://www.carnivalwarehouse.co...Carnivals-in-Movies.aspx 

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BIG L
Friday, October 4, 2013 3:13:56 AM
The Houston 500 (not racing) - no show, just a lot lizard LOL
Looking for strong route to book a
1 man ticket box. 😛
Gary C
Friday, October 4, 2013 3:35:58 AM
In "The Jerk", the show was SJM Shows, (Steven J Merten), and when he passed, (was murdered), it became B&B Amusements. The Malcolm In The Middle episode was Shamrock Shows, who also did Mighty Joe Young, numerous commercials, and many Lifetime Network mini movies. I worked on both shows in the Los Angeles area, and got my SAG card from doing extra work there...

Gary C.
thunderbolt85
Friday, October 4, 2013 7:29:14 AM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

This topic comes up at least once a year here. Just do a 'search' in the top right corner and type in 'carnivals' and 'movies' or something like that and all of the past topics will come up.

Yeah, should have, sorry was just being lazy I guess.
thunderbolt85
Friday, October 4, 2013 7:31:04 AM
Originally Posted by: splitbolt 

Not exactly a movie but one episode of "In The Heat of The Night" had an episode centered around some ride jocks being involved in a case and it had Jimmy Drews Expo set up in what looked like a private set with a good number of minutes shot on Midway.

Yeah, that was a two part episode, and enjoyed seeing the show, but as with most cases sometimes the carnival is not put in a "good light" so to speak.

But good shots of his old Sky Wheel, Rock-o-Plane, Himalaya, and a few others.