thunderbolt85
Monday, August 19, 2013 1:16:13 PM
Looks like it was a good run for Strates in Erie last week with the attendance over a million this year.

Would like to visit that fair one year, seems like not only a good fair, but a town that loves the fair as well, and the show train coming to town.

Was anybody in there this year? I didn't see any reports of it, but assume Strates Scrambler is still off the road, which I hate, but guess its for a good reason.

Did he book anything in, or was it just his equipment and I figure Carol Stream as well.
crazyspin
Monday, August 19, 2013 1:29:44 PM
I believe the Space Roller was booked in.
SideWinder
Monday, August 19, 2013 3:00:06 PM
YEA, and today is "FREE RIDE MONDAY" any Amusement ride for free all day....
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:23:30 AM
Originally Posted by: SideWinder 

YEA, and today is "FREE RIDE MONDAY" any Amusement ride for free all day....

Sure that's not a free ride on the train or in a truck?

And I heard it wasn't "free"....you had to do a little bit of work on Sunday night, like light lifting, and easy stuff.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.9% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:19:15 AM
Carol Stream was there with about 17 pieces. J Floyd had Space Roller [with backwall and new LED's!] and a Downdraft.
Dillmans had Haunted House darkride and kid bumper boats. Haunted House is the one Bill Blake had in Washington.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.9% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:20:22 AM
John Strong's Sideshow Museum was in Hamburg too. Everything is now at NYSF in Syracuse, opening Thursday. Just spent two days setting up two carnival model displays there.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:47:02 AM
Thanks Bill/CrazySpin for the info.

Saw the train locator as it moved across the map yesterday until it reached the NYSFG about noon.

Erie is one fair on my list that I would like to see one day if I can.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.9% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:18:06 PM
Strates Scrambler has been off the road for several years. Carol Stream's is gone too. No Scrambler or Sizzler type ride on either show at this time.
coasterkeener
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:01:09 PM
Is the train locater just for Strates Shows?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.9% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:32:13 PM
GPS tracks location of Strates coaches.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:22:17 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Thanks Bill/CrazySpin for the info.

Saw the train locator as it moved across the map yesterday until it reached the NYSFG about noon.

Erie is one fair on my list that I would like to see one day if I can.

You should, I went in 2009, came down from Toronto, I need to make it back, I loved it!
BeauceCarnavalMan
SideWinder
Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:38:49 PM
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

You should, I went in 2009, came down from Toronto, I need to make it back, I loved it!

3rd LARGEST county fair in the country....We are truly blessed to have Strates Shows Provide the midway there and bring their train with them....
thunderbolt85
Friday, August 23, 2013 7:22:50 AM
Originally Posted by: SideWinder 

3rd LARGEST county fair in the country....We are truly blessed to have Strates Shows Provide the midway there and bring their train with them....

Yeah, I always thought between going to either NY or Erie, I would rather go to Erie, seems more like the local county fair which the area really cares about, but just on a really big scale (attendance and midway).

Remember reading back years ago when Strates first dropped the Sky Wheel, the folks in Erie were really letting the fair office know about it. A couple years later Strates brought it back on the road for a couple of more years and he put the Sky Wheel right in front of the fair office. But alas...after a couple of years the Sky Wheel was parked for good.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:57:28 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yeah, I always thought between going to either NY or Erie, I would rather go to Erie, seems more like the local county fair which the area really cares about, but just on a really big scale (attendance and midway).

Remember reading back years ago when Strates first dropped the Sky Wheel, the folks in Erie were really letting the fair office know about it. A couple years later Strates brought it back on the road for a couple of more years and he put the Sky Wheel right in front of the fair office. But alas...after a couple of years the Sky Wheel was parked for good.

I think if you went to either NYSF or Eire you would be happy. I have only been to Eire I want to make it to NYSF one day and back to Eire.
BeauceCarnavalMan