thunderbolt85
Monday, August 5, 2013 12:50:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here moved a Huss Pirate. Got any good stories or "yarns" to tell about moving it, or while in operation?

Never worked a Huss Pirate, but did work a Sea Ray some and remember we used to put the "cup of water" on the center and let it ride to scare the folks. Course, wouldn't suggest that now a days...somebody might sue if it did fall and they got wet.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:13:34 PM
I've done the water thing before... blew my mind!!!

I have two friends that know something about Pirates... one owned 2 of them but he's not reachable lately... the other worked on Conklin's Tidal Wave... I'll ask her and see if she had anything to say.
Benjibear
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 8:01:05 PM
What is the water thing?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
coasterkeener
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 9:16:22 PM
A cup of water is placed on the divider between the two middle seats. I saw this done for the first time at Six Flags Over Texas a few weeks ago. I take it the water isn't supposed to spill.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:24:40 AM
Originally Posted by: coasterkeener 

A cup of water is placed on the divider between the two middle seats. I saw this done for the first time at Six Flags Over Texas a few weeks ago. I take it the water isn't supposed to spill.

Yep, water will not spill, we used to do it on the Sea Ray all the time years ago. I figured it would with the breaking, but even then we never had a spill.

Now ride guys not suggesting everyone go out and do this, some owners/foremen might not be happy, and you never know if how the customer's are going to react. Just wanted to tell the story.
Benjibear
Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:24:37 PM
That would be interesting to see and if I wasn't so tired I would be trying to figure out why it works.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:17:16 PM
Centrifugal force - the force that draws a rotating body away from the center of rotation