mommasbeverage barn
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:34:16 PM
this video was posted two years ago but i believe that someone had pictures of it too. Anyone remember what show this went to? Looks amazing!!!

Slow you down...Turn you around...Send you back the other direction!!!
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:04:31 PM
Looks boring.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:16:38 PM
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:54:32 PM
Originally Posted by: mommasbeverage barn 

this video was posted two years ago but i believe that someone had pictures of it too. Anyone remember what show this went to? Looks amazing!!!

Well, the caption for the video says "California Carnival Co. Introduces its New Typhoon Ride! " and "New Typhoon Ride could be at your Fair / Festival but only if you contract California Carnival Company as this is a one of a kind ride."

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:51:19 PM
Flatline Himi.
Quick, someone get the paddles and try to shock the hills back into it. CLEAR!
thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:19:33 AM
Originally Posted by: Flying Coaster 

Flatline Himi.
Quick, someone get the paddles and try to shock the hills back into it. CLEAR!

So well said! See that's the problem with these "one trailer" himi's, no hills, very little on the tunnel (to me anyway).

Sorry, know lot of you like LEDs, but would rather see the old style bulbs either in the "clear" color or frosted colors as well.
Flying Coaster
Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:59:39 AM
I miss the days when the ride's action was what drew the riders, not the superficial stuff. Kids today don't have a clue what they missed.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:35:38 AM
To me it really just looks like a Kiddie Himi with a few more lights and scenery.

I don't mean that as an insult to Wisdom, but why not redesign at least and add just a little more, say bigger hills, make the tubs a little more fancy and such. Could it not be a load and a half (28' load)to say haul the tubs, etc. That would still be better than a 2 or 3 trailer mack ride for show owners wanting to save money.

Course, love those Mack Music rides.
Flying Coaster
Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:14:40 AM
I too respect Wisdom, and realize that the ride caters to the one load ride market and why. But after growing up in the era of big iron, and experiencing those massive rides and moving them, I can't imagine anyone wanting to ride these things unless as I mentioned before, they simply don't know what the real thing was. Evidently they win $ or they wouldn't keep building them. Showing my age. Reverchon for me please, or I'll just kick rocks.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:42:04 PM
Originally Posted by: Flying Coaster 

I too respect Wisdom, and realize that the ride caters to the one load ride market and why. But after growing up in the era of big iron, and experiencing those massive rides and moving them, I can't imagine anyone wanting to ride these things unless as I mentioned before, they simply don't know what the real thing was. Evidently they win $ or they wouldn't keep building them. Showing my age. Reverchon for me please, or I'll just kick rocks.

Reverchon is good too for sure, there is just something about Mack rides (older ones) with the lighting they used and the design I guess.

Don't worry about showing your age cause I do it to, guess we are just ole timers.

JustinJames
Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:46:03 PM
It was Artie Gillette's and was refurbed by Dennys Electonics last year then wemt to Cali.
IndianaTED
Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:21:40 AM
My fear is that in the not too distant future, we will start counting these classic Himalayas on the road, just like we do time to time with the Sky Wheels now.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thunderbolt85
Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:52:43 AM
Yeah, but without the good hills you don't have as good a ride, it becomes just a big kiddie ride. I would rather see improvement with the restraint system and keep the hills.

Just my thoughts.
JustinJames
Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:42:12 PM
Blame general laziness and fuel costs. The people who knew how to WORK for a living are gone... So are the bigger iron pieces from a lot of shows. I move a Wisdom Himalaya and I laugh hysterically when my guys whine about hard work.
JustinJames
Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:52:13 PM
The typhoon is a refurbed wisdom himi. It has new lights and scenery and the same hills as all of them.

The track pieces can be properly alined and the ride can be smooth. The problem is to many imbies do not level the ride properly and use a sledge hammer to get the track in and out during teardown ans setup. Ours is very smooth and quiet because we took the time and effort to silicone all the decking to the tubing thus eliminating 99% of the noise. Trey Simmons can attest to that.

As far as forward and reverse... There are NO regulations that state a WISDOM model Himalaya cant run both. However it is noticed that shows who run one direction replace the hydraulic motor less often. Ours included... We run both directions on ticket days.

I love the old Mack ans Reverchon Himalayas with a passion... But sadly I accept reality and have learned to like my Wisdom version proudly.