nitelife222
Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:46:22 PM
I see that Wade will be playing Tulsa for Murphy. Why isn't Murphy playing their own spot? Don't get me wrong, it will be good for the fair. Since Wade has equipment that Murphy doesn't. So the change will good.
Erik9976
Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:42:21 PM
It will be a 100 times better. Saw Murphy/Reed last year at the NMSF. Def wasn't impressed. Best looking rides there were Kevin Exum's Enterprise, Cockerham's (sp) Hard Rock, and Vander Vorste,s Wild Mouse. Everything else looked rough. As in very dirty and lighting issues. Just my opinion.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:50:12 PM
just a personal assumption, but Jerry's got to be near 75 years old. He's sold some some of his show off (probably his big rides) although he says he has some stuff parked in San Marcos. He's past his prime and lost many of his big spots and no need to keep a show out full time if he can suitcase the big spots.

The loss of Milwaukee COULD have been a wake up call to make some changes.

Better to be at the table than on the table.
Erik9976
Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:52:31 PM
Strates plays Fort Pierce for him.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:24:30 PM
Wade plays Missouri for them too and it`s been great. It would be nice though to see a couple of Murphy/Reed rides in with Wade like the shocker, double shock,or moby dick.
RodB
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:20:00 PM
Originally Posted by: rodler 

Wade plays Missouri for them too and it`s been great. It would be nice though to see a couple of Murphy/Reed rides in with Wade like the shocker, double shock,or moby dick.

Nice?

coasterkeener
Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:45:00 PM
Several years ago I visited a fair looking forward to seeing a carnival I had not seen in many years. When I got there all the trucks I saw had the name of another carnival. I saw the owner of that carnival and asked him about it. He said something to the effect that the other carnival had the most important piece of equipment there and pointed to the office trailer. Sure enough, it had the name of the carnival that had the contract on the fair. However, a couple of years later the owner that I talked to had the contract for the fair and has had it for about fifteen years.
nitelife222
Monday, April 1, 2013 1:56:18 AM
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

It will be a 100 times better. Saw Murphy/Reed last year at the NMSF. Def wasn't impressed. Best looking rides there were Kevin Exum's Enterprise, Cockerham's (sp) Hard Rock, and Vander Vorste,s Wild Mouse. Everything else looked rough. As in very dirty and lighting issues. Just my opinion.

Agreed!

nitelife222
Monday, April 1, 2013 2:11:25 AM
Maybe he will sell that rag-bag water park also...
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 1, 2013 10:32:01 AM
Originally Posted by: nitelife222 

Maybe he will sell that rag-bag water park also...

I thought they closed the Water Park.

Erik9976
Monday, April 1, 2013 11:09:01 AM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

What water park does/did he own?
nitelife222
Monday, April 1, 2013 12:07:27 PM

Nope, it is still open....

Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

What water park does/did he own?

It is called Big Splash.

Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 1, 2013 12:37:02 PM
In 2010 when I was overseeing an amusement park. We hired a company to create a long term plan for us to enlarge and improve the park. When they came in to make the presentation, the project they were working on at the time was the Tulsa Fairgrounds, and the Water park wasn't on the map. He told me that fair officals plan to do away with the park and create a shopping/Entertainment/night club type venue. From the drawings he had it was extremely nice. I wondered at the time if that was a done deal. I guess not.
nitelife222
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:20:35 AM

In 2010 when I was overseeing an amusement park. We hired a company to create a long term plan for us to enlarge and improve the park. When they came in to make the presentation, the project they were working on at the time was the Tulsa Fairgrounds, and the Water park wasn't on the map. He told me that fair officals plan to do away with the park and create a shopping/Entertainment/night club type venue. From the drawings he had it was extremely nice. I wondered at the time if that was a done deal. I guess not.

Yeah I still find it odd that they evicted Bell's. Since they paid more rent than Big Splash. As far as the project you speak of, I have not heard anything about it. But it would not surprise me at all.

flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:21:06 PM
The last time I played Tulsa Collins had it. When did he lose it?

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked