Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Saturday, December 13, 2003 11:58:21 AM
Big A oppened yesterday under the new name of the fair "Adventure Park" to my suprise there are ONLY two games on the midway "Rising Waters" believed to be Jerry Payne's and the Bobo. the absence of games suggest that there's really not that much money to go around. I'll be summiting a list of rides, later on.
Retired but missing it...
"The hussle hard but we have to enterprise..."-Wycleaf Jean-

"For all your travel needs ... just give me a click"
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, December 13, 2003 12:30:34 PM
Sounds like everyone's in winter quarters ?
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Saturday, December 13, 2003 1:10:43 PM
Usually Dale Bush and Bobby McNight come with their joints. Which include water racers and hanky panks but not this year... All the games are misssing in action. Me beeing a Jointie I look foward for the games... because that's where the people I know work. [V] Ill make the best of it though.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigeli

Sounds like everyone's in winter quarters ?

LuckyStar
Saturday, December 13, 2003 2:42:56 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Fly_By_Night_Carnie

Big A oppened yesterday under the new name of the fair "Adventure Park" to my suprise there are ONLY two games on the midway "Rising Waters" believed to be Jerry Payne's and the Bobo. the absence of games suggest that there's really not that much money to go around. I'll be summiting a list of rides, later on.

Holy Cow! I guess they lost so much last year that noone wants to go back! I can't believe that Jerry Payne would bring a water race in...but I guess he has a family to raise also....I just can't see him wasting his time on it....he does really well with the Xmas Tree lot he has and he also sells stock at that lot....

I wonder what Bobby McKnight is doing?? He has a family to run also...I can't picture those south florida fairs bringing in much money....I hope they are well...I even wonder if Dale Bush is with Big A anymore.....It seemed like he was backing away this past year...NO GAMES! I can't believe it....I hear the Bobo will be killed over there in PR....I heard they don't like the Bobo at all? Any truth to that??? Just curious! Keep us posted!!
Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Monday, December 15, 2003 9:42:54 AM
so far they haven't had any beefs so... I wouldn't be able to tell you that... the tank has been coming for a couple of years, no serious prob. that I know of.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LuckyStar

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Fly_By_Night_Carnie

Holy Cow! I guess they lost so much last year that noone wants to go back! I can't believe that Jerry Payne would bring a water race in...but I guess he has a family to raise also....I just can't see him wasting his time on it....he does really well with the Xmas Tree lot he has and he also sells stock at that lot....

I wonder what Bobby McKnight is doing?? He has a family to run also...I can't picture those south florida fairs bringing in much money....I hope they are well...I even wonder if Dale Bush is with Big A anymore.....It seemed like he was backing away this past year...NO GAMES! I can't believe it....I hear the Bobo will be killed over there in PR....I heard they don't like the Bobo at all? Any truth to that??? Just curious! Keep us posted!!

marcovivona
Monday, December 15, 2003 9:59:40 AM
Here is the ride list for Adventure Park:
Crazy Mouse
Banzai
Pharaohs Fury
Century Wheel
1001 Nights
Tornado
Cliffhanger
Flying Bobs
Starship
Ring of Fire
MGR
Fireball
Wave Swinger
Scrambler
Sling Shot (Vettras Bros)
Turbo Prop (Vettras Bros)
Tilt
Scooter
Rainbow Rock
MTV Funhouse
Mardi Gras
Samba Balloon
Hip Hop
Construction Zone
Go Gator
Dizzy Dragon
Rocking Tug
Crazy Bus
Drummer Boy
Elephant
Bumble Bee
Slide

The water game is actually owned by A of A. It has had a very nice weekend being the only joint so far. The rest of the games are coming on the next boat which will be here Tuesday. Talk to you all later.
Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Monday, December 15, 2003 1:07:22 PM
Thanks for the list!!![:I]

I was surprised when I heard that the water racer misht have been Jerry's, now the world makes sense again. [:p]

I was going today to take pics but my car broke down and I got distracted, left the camera at home. but will get to that pretty soon.

What concessions are arriving Tuesday?
@ work have to go....

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by marcovivona

Here is the ride list for Adventure Park:
Crazy Mouse
Banzai
Pharaohs Fury
Century Wheel
1001 Nights
Tornado
Cliffhanger
Flying Bobs
Starship
Ring of Fire
MGR
Fireball
Wave Swinger
Scrambler
Sling Shot (Vettras Bros)
Turbo Prop (Vettras Bros)
Tilt
Scooter
Rainbow Rock
MTV Funhouse
Mardi Gras
Samba Balloon
Hip Hop
Construction Zone
Go Gator
Dizzy Dragon
Rocking Tug
Crazy Bus
Drummer Boy
Elephant
Bumble Bee
Slide

The water game is actually owned by A of A. It has had a very nice weekend being the only joint so far. The rest of the games are coming on the next boat which will be here Tuesday. Talk to you all later.

marcovivona
Tuesday, December 16, 2003 6:15:29 AM
Dale Bush is coming with 8 joints and Diego is coming with 4 joints. Stop by the office and say 'Hi'.
Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Tuesday, December 16, 2003 9:43:37 AM
Be, doppo al mio lavoro io sono andata al carnavale per fare alcune fotografie. Ma non so qui è Lei.

I hope that was ok, first semester of Italian don't use it that much so I'm starting to forget... [:(]

After work, I go to the carnival, hopefully today I'll get some pics of the rides...

I have friends that have worked for Dale, but don't really know who is Diego.

Quote:

quote:

Dale Bush is coming with 8 joints and Diego is coming with 4 joints. Stop by the office and say 'Hi'.

LuckyStar
Tuesday, December 16, 2003 4:17:07 PM
Marco-- Nice to see you do a little posting....Have you done any bowling lately??? I was with the show this spring when we all went bowling while we were at Hampton Coliseum. Hope Puerto Rico is better for you all this year!! How did the season end? Was Charleston good? I know the weather was a killer this year...that is why I had to get off the road..

Lucy
orphaned
Wednesday, December 17, 2003 4:38:16 AM
Dang...wish I had the only TWO joints on that midway. Sounds like the market is cornered.
marcovivona
Wednesday, December 17, 2003 10:25:04 AM
Hey Lucky,
No, I haven't been bowling since the spring. There was alot more rain and free time then. Where did you work?
The fall ended up pretty good. Unfortunatly, it still wasn't enough to catch up from the bad start. Oh well, there's always next year.
LuckyStar
Wednesday, December 17, 2003 2:11:20 PM
Quote:

quote:

Hey Lucky,
No, I haven't been bowling since the spring. There was alot more rain and free time then. Where did you work?
The fall ended up pretty good. Unfortunatly, it still wasn't enough to catch up from the bad start. Oh well, there's always next year.

I worked for Bobby McKnight mostly in his group games....my old man worked in Bobby's balloon store....I hope next year does go better for you guys.....two years in a row somethings gotta change. Hopefully I will be able to work in the Meadowlands this year when ya come around....I can always use the extra cash [:D]
iuse2no
Friday, December 19, 2003 5:57:21 AM
Hey Marco, happy holidays!!! Hope all is going well down there. We'll miss X-mas eve on the beach. Love to Lourdes and give us a call!
Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Friday, December 19, 2003 1:46:33 PM
finally remeber to bring my camera to work today so I'llbe taking pics at the carnival tonight. (hope they come out ) lol