Matt C.
  •  Matt C.
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:19:48 PM
It's been a while since I have posted some of my projects on the forum, so I figured I would post a quick update.

Over the last 8 months, I have been working on a Samba Balloon and Peter Paul from Anthony at Laser Tech. Great kits I might add.

I customized my balloons a bit to include a shaded entrance gate/canopy and sceenery on the sweeps. The tea cups and peter paul will also have the entrance canopy (the frames are built in the photos).

The Flying Tea Cups is a custom piece. I bought the mini jet trailer, sweeps and fence from Anthony and had him custom cut the tea cups and tea pot center piece for me. I'm hoping to have this ride finished this weekend. The cups are painted but still need decals. One coat of paint on the detailed work on the tea pot has been complete. In the picture, the tea cups are just sitting on the base next to the sweeps. They are not fastened onto the ride yet.

I built the three rides on a Cummons double base, which is basically the width of one base but the length of two. This allowed me to get more rides on one large base, as compared to one ride per individual base. I mounted the rides towards the back so that I could place some center concessions or games infront of the rides.

I'll post more pics as I progress.

Click here to view the photo. 

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
carnivalguy135
Friday, February 22, 2013 3:21:29 PM
BeauceCarnavalMan
Saturday, February 23, 2013 12:17:54 PM
looks great like the rest of your models.
BeauceCarnavalMan
bmkmusic
Monday, February 25, 2013 3:35:58 PM
really looks nice - love that you put them all one base. Great color schemes as well!
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 25, 2013 9:16:59 PM
Nice job Matt! Double bases are great. I have built a couple and you can really get some equipment on them.
LaserTechStudios
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:11:32 AM
They came out great Matt!! Really like to color schemes. Did you build them static or operational?
-Anthony
Matt C.
  •  Matt C.
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:07:13 PM
Originally Posted by: LaserTechStudios 

They came out great Matt!! Really like to color schemes. Did you build them static or operational?
-Anthony

All are operational! I am having some problems with the Dinos though. The up/down motion is very jerky because of the force of the magnets. Any suggestions?

I dont think I am going to use the magnets with the Tea Cups. I will likely glue 3 sweeps in the down position and three in the up position. Reason being because the cup would have to move with the sweep in order to stay completely level like its prototype.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
LaserTechStudios
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:09:00 PM
Originally Posted by: Matt C. 

All are operational! I am having some problems with the Dinos though. The up/down motion is very jerky because of the force of the magnets. Any suggestions?

I dont think I am going to use the magnets with the Tea Cups. I will likely glue 3 sweeps in the down position and three in the up position. Reason being because the cup would have to move with the sweep in order to stay completely level like its prototype.

Change the position of the larger magnets beneath the base so they have less or more interference until they work smooth. Also check that the pistons move freely.
Zipie
  •  Zipie
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Saturday, March 2, 2013 7:21:05 PM
carnivalkits
Saturday, March 2, 2013 8:52:42 PM
Magnets....cool, I have used them for years to get effects to work like the whip motion on the whip ride. I have also used them to get the Spin Ride tubs to turn as they rotate but never did offer that in the kits or finished models just added too much time to make them run right. I use them on the frog hopper to run and get the bounce like you get with the compressed air cylinders on the ride.

Rich
Skywheelrider
Saturday, March 2, 2013 9:07:26 PM
Wow, really sharp Matt! Nice!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
DrNickRiviera995
Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:27:30 AM
Those are sharp! Good colors too. I really want to get the Balloons and Dragons.