skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:45:27 PM
What was the purpose for that long bar on the side of one set of the outriggers on Strates Shows' Huss Pirate? I remember when Strates came to Raleigh, i'd always wonder why the Pirate had that long bar behind one set of the outriggers / beside the ride.. When the Myrtle Beach Pavilion in Myrtle Beach was going strong, their Huss Pirate didn't have a long bar on the back of either set of outriggers. When they moved it to Broadway at the Beach, the Pirate is still the same as it was on the oceanfront, no long bar behind a set of outriggers. I've seen other Huss Pirates without that long bar as well. I'm sure someone here knows why that long bar was on the side of Strates' Huss Pirate. The only thing i can figure is it stabilized the ride more?...beats me.
Fabbri_Guy
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:15:13 AM
I believe that's for erecting the ride. That's just a guess
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:06:20 AM
That the side with the hydraulics. I could imagine its to keep both towers straight when raising and lowering. Think the one a the Pavilion was a park model and didn't need it.
skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:55:07 AM
Thanks for the info. Yes, the Pavilion's is a park model & that's probably why it doesn't have it.