Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:18:43 PM
I found a poster that was my grandfather's. It is for King Reid Shows and he has written by my grandfather dates in May 1972 next to Triangle. I assume his reference to Triangle was Triangle Shoes which was located in the Narrow's Shopping Center in Edwardsville, PA which my dad's hobby shop was located. So I am just curious about this show (size, rides, etc.).
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Ridee-O
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:38:14 AM
King Reid Shows was from Manchester, VT. The show played New England, New York, and Pa. Show was small at first and struggling but booked a route in Canada and began to prosper. King Reid had one the best fair routes in NE. Basic show was a Chairplane, Caterpillar, Ridee-O, Spitfire, MGR, boats, airplanes, roll-a-whirl,and wheel. In the 60's Merry Mixer, rock-o-plane, round-up and mad mouse were added. The show always had a variety of rides booked in.When Reid died the show was sold to Harry Koch. Reithoffer now owns the name and some contracts are still under the King Reid title.
coasterkeener
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:10:14 AM
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 12:24:38 AM
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

I found a poster that was my grandfather's. It is for King Reid Shows and he has written by my grandfather dates in May 1972 next to Triangle. I assume his reference to Triangle was Triangle Shoes which was located in the Narrow's Shopping Center in Edwardsville, PA which my dad's hobby shop was located. So I am just curious about this show (size, rides, etc.).

Triangle was probably the triangle Poster company.
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
ringmaster
bigjlh
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:00:11 PM
i was working for dave endy. in 68. or 69. king reid had his sky diver. booked on with endy. aman named blackie.moved it. with a couple of men. from north of the border french speaking. from what i remember.the spots were farmville va.zebulon nc. all those tabaco harvest towns. in the fall.on the way to miami fla.to play those shopping center lots. all winter for a sawbuck a day.the weather was nice good times from what i can recall. well so much for memory lane. thnx bigjlh they moved that diver pretty quick.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:33:30 PM
King Reid had Eastern States Expo in 59 or 60. He had much booked in. I remember the 4 Eli wheels at the end of the Midway. I know Belform owned one of the wheels. Can't remember who owned the 4th wheel. It could have been Danny Nester (Nutmeg Ams), Joe Berry or Harry Kahn ( New England Amusements}. Can't think of Joe Berry's show. He did have one of the first AH new style Jennys with the steel mudsills and winch. 2nd set up the help dropped the outside scenery and poked a big hole in it. ( A little history)
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
JustJeff
Sunday, May 12, 2013 3:26:00 PM
I recall Teddy and Joe Bartosik telling stories of working for them before they became BandB...Bernie probably did too,but dont know 4 sure.Another oldtimer on here Don(oldfatman) would know more as would Tony Doty!
Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:08:24 PM
Originally Posted by: JimmyD 

Triangle was probably the triangle Poster company.

It was printed by Triangle poster but in my grandfathers writing it has next to Triangle which I am assuming was the Triangle Shoes store that was located at the shopping center.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.