Pizzagod
Friday, November 9, 2012 4:36:41 PM
I keep a bottle of aspirin, a couple of band-aids, and ice in the joint.

Health care is for wimps and sissies.

For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
Bowler Roller
Friday, November 9, 2012 4:54:23 PM
Originally Posted by: FriedPhil 

Goldman-Sachs doesn't want regulation, they're fighting it. That's why Wall Street investment firms wanted Romney to win, so the Republicans would get rid of the Frank-Dodd act that regulates Wall Street brokers and banks.

Regarding the statement they "back regulations that hurt most of their industry", Wal-Mart and GE are in different industries completely, as is Goldman-Sachs. I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. GE is a manufacturer, Wal-Mart is not. Wal-mart is a retailer. Goldman-Sachs is an investment house.

What are these regulations you say they are backing?

Yes, I'm aware they are parts of different industries. They're called examples.

Fighting is just for show. Nearly every administration has been full of GS employees, including Treasury Secretary. They write all the banking laws, both regulations and de-regulations. Dodd Frank was supposed to hurt banks, and it does hurt the small ones, but it was written by lobbyists for GS, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, and other "too big to fail" banks.

GE lobbied for the end of incandescent light bulbs, and for the Cap and Scam crap. Those are things that will hurt the industry, and kill the small ones who can't afford to change.

WalMart, lobbied for Obamacare and has been giving money to Obama and the DNC, despite being life long Republicans. They'll also benefit greatly from Dodd Frank.

Quote:

Did you actually think you would have good health insurance given to you by the carnivals out of the goodness of their hearts?

Could you even afford ANY kind of health insurance on carnival pay?

I don't know about anyone else, but I never wanted insurance when I was out there. I was an agent, but I could have afforded to buy it on my own, had I any use for it. Even now as I got old and start dying, I still don't want it, but if I show enough income to rise above the poverty level, I'm going to be forced to blow a significant chunk of change on something I neither need nor want.

Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, November 9, 2012 5:41:05 PM

Goldman-Sachs doesn't want regulation, they're fighting it. That's why Wall Street investment firms wanted Romney to win, so the Republicans would get rid of the Frank-Dodd act that regulates Wall Street brokers and banks.

Regarding the statement they "back regulations that hurt most of their industry", Wal-Mart and GE are in different industries completely, as is Goldman-Sachs. I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. GE is a manufacturer, Wal-Mart is not. Wal-mart is a retailer. Goldman-Sachs is an investment house.

You didn't listen to Romney. He said in many speeches we need regulation but not regulation that ones that work. Part of Dodd Frank requires banks to have so much liquidity and borrowers have to meet a certain standard. Now they claim money is to tight. That's what happens when you over regulate.

I read the ACA and spent 18 months finding out why HC costs are so high. It boils down to twoo basic things. Cost shifting....If I don't pay you do = Nothing is free. Obamacare does nothing to address that issue in reality it makes it worse. Too many people abuse the system and pay nothing into it. That is the problem. How much do you think illegals cost us in HC every year? Who pays it? Now it will be compounded with amnesty and no conditions.

That will short the expendable income for our patrons.

Here is class example of excessive regulation. A back ground check done last week in town A is not valid in Town B this week.

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, November 9, 2012 5:42:47 PM

You didn't listen to Romney. He said in many speeches we need regulation but not regulation that ones that work. Part of Dodd Frank requires banks to have so much liquidity and borrowers have to meet a certain standard. Now they claim money is to tight. That's what happens when you over regulate.

I read the ACA and spent 18 months finding out why HC costs are so high. It boils down to twoo basic things. Cost shifting....If I don't pay you do = Nothing is free. Obamacare does nothing to address that issue in reality it makes it worse. Too many people abuse the system and pay nothing into it. That is the problem. How much do you think illegals cost us in HC every year? Who pays it? Now it will be compounded with amnesty and no conditions.

Here is class example of excessive regulation. A back ground check done last week in town A is not valid in Town B this week.

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Pizzagod
Friday, November 9, 2012 5:52:01 PM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

Well damnit, how do we argue with somebody who actually reads and understands things?

I do want to say that your last example is classic-but we've always had it. No reciprocity. How come your rides are good enough to run in Kentucky but have to be re-inspected to run in Indiana? Why is it safe to eat at my place when I'm set up in Iowa, but the beyotch in Texas wants to cluck her tongue and give me grief (while dinging me another C-note?)

Don't anybody ever think I believe that the President is the savior-no matter who is in office, the chickens will come home to roost, and until it's boom times again (and none of us care because we're all flush) we'll all be feeling the pinch.

For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
BUB
  •  BUB
  • 52.62% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:31:02 PM
well here i go been off this posting stuff for months but cannot hold back now.
the world did not end the bum got reelected what ya gonig to do about it? lace up your boots grab your lunch pale and go to work. look at the oppurtunities because the other people who don't want to work. the stay at home guy, that means you have more work. this country was built on work do it. learn to move that super spectatular, fix up your joint bury more stew. they can only get what you tell them you have. sam's club rest. depot costco they all help you. the same time they are able to kill your taxeds. do a better job at your job.

what the ????