FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:31:41 AM
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:16:22 AM
I remember when Himalayas and Bobs had hills on them.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:44:30 PM
Originally Posted by: Flying Coaster 

Bha ha ha ha ha!!!

BeauceCarnavalMan
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:05:02 PM

Thank You!

BeauceCarnavalMan
IndianaTED
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:18:05 PM

You can say that again!

I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
tiltcharles
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:01:28 PM
ok lets guess:

what shows would have one?

what shows would never have one?
JustinJames
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:31:21 PM
Where would the market be? Most shows already have a one truck himi or they have a bobs that is paid for.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:45:21 PM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Where would the market be? Most shows already have a one truck himi or they have a bobs that is paid for.

The only shows I could see MAYBE getting one these would be someone like Butler, maybe Reithoffer, NAME, or maybe an independent operator. I think it would work for a small-medium sized show that would like to have a Bobs-style ride but don't want a two trailer piece to move, but the price could be prohibitive for a show that size, if the price range I heard is correct. I could be wrong....
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Matt C.
Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:21:49 AM
Or how about a show that has two units and could use a different style music ride on the second unit?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
BeauceCarnavalMan
Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:40:59 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

I can see Beauce Carnaval getting one of these since they sold their Music Fest and already have a Wisdom Himi.

BeauceCarnavalMan
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:13:09 PM
Sorry folks, but I know Wisdom makes well built rides, but the hills on their himi, and now this one are just not big enough, its not the same ride as a Bobs, or Matterhorn, or full size himi.

I understand the fuel issue in this day and age, but I have been on one and it seems more or less a kidde ride.

Yes a small or medium show might could use it, but like another said, the cost is high, and to me bigger shows should have the bigger music rides...in my opinion.

Strates racked his Flying Bobs on a trailer and half before he sold it, and with the top, and Powers has done the same (with no top). Music rides still make a lot of money, why not stick with the big ones.
Matt C.
Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:58:00 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Music rides still make a lot of money, why not stick with the big ones.

That they do. Blake McDonagh's Alpine Bobs was the second highest grossing ride at the Wisconsin State Fair this year. One position before the 200ft tall Stratosphere, and two positions infront of the Freak Out. I thought that was a pretty impressive performance.

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
BeauceCarnavalMan
Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:11:10 PM
Originally Posted by: Matt C. 

That they do. Blake McDonagh's Alpine Bobs was the second highest grossing ride at the Wisconsin State Fair this year. One position before the 200ft tall Stratosphere, and two positions infront of the Freak Out. I thought that was a pretty impressive performance.

Also comes down on how you run a music ride. You need a good Mic Man and good sound system with good tunes! Blake always runs a good show so im not really shocked there!

BeauceCarnavalMan
Musher
Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:58:59 PM
Like Blake McDonagh's moving his Alpine Bobs so does Skerbecks in Michigan. I saw it down in IN and up at the UP State Fair. So they move it some miles.
WestCoastPat
Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:51:43 PM
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can not see the pictures of the new Wisdom ride. Me and FB don't get along so good. LOL

Can someone repost the pictures or tell me how to view them? Thanks
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.