thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:27:04 AM
For those of you that remember the good ole days this is a video for you. I found this today, not sure of the fair or time, but it kinda looks like years ago.

The video is of a gas powered Hammer (Loop O Plane), boy it sounds great too. You can hear a good siren in the background as well. Hope you all enjoy!

Here is one of a Swing Gym as well in case you always wanted to see how this ride was:

Think this was in Europe though.

Just thought everybody would like to see em.
jb
  •  jb
  • 51.84% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:10:04 AM
THE LOOP IN QUESTION REALLY WASNT BEING PUT THROUGH IYS PACES. IN STATES WHERE RIDE INSPECTORS ARENT TOO TOUGH..YOU CAN HOLD A GAS LOOP FOR UP TO 3=4 ROUNDS WIDE OPEN IF YOUR LOAD ISNT TOO HEAVY.. I HAVE HEARD OFLOOPS TRYING TO WALK OFF THE BLOCKS IF THEY WERE OPERATED TOO FAST..BUT IMHO IF THE INSPECTORS WILL ALLOW...YOU CAN SAFELY RUN A GAS LOOP 3-4 ROUNDS IN EACH DIRECTION WIDE OPEN..ANYTHING BEYOND THAT..AND SAFETY IS A BIG ISSUE..
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:11:02 PM
Show is McNair Amusements. Time frame would be recent... truck in back ground is late model and clothes on the girls are up to date.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:56:27 PM
McNair, where are they out of?
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:53:41 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I'm not 100% sure but I want to say West Virginia.. I'm sure they have a web site

Jackpotter
Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:00:47 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Georgia
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:56:16 PM
FriedPhil
Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:59:59 PM
The Swinging Gym was a dangerous ride for the operator. You could slip into the "pit" under the cage and fall under the cage when it was coming down in the swing motion and get killed.

To get the swinging action started from a dead stop when the patrons get in, the operator pulled the cage towards him and let go to start the ride.

If you made the mistake of pushing the cage away from you, the cage weight will pull you into the "pit" and then before you can get out of the way, the cage comes back at you and amputates your leg, or worse, you fall in and get crushed under the cage in the "pit".

I'm glad I never had an accident on one, and I'm glad they're mostly gone from this world.
Please do not exit the ride until it comes to a complete stop.
cloudeleven
Friday, October 19, 2012 1:16:37 PM
Nice Loop O Plane. Never heard one with a siren before. I'd like to ride one someday, but they're so rare now. I was too scared to ride it at age 7 when it was at the St. Francis County Fair every year. I didn't get brave until age 10. 🤡

I was at the Arkansas State Fair yesterday and reminded of how fun the old rides like the Tilt and Scrambler are.