HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, December 7, 2003 2:45:06 PM
CrazySpin,
I'd just like to ask,well first of all, thanks for the great Strates Rainbow pics at the Broward Fair, I was just wondering, since you are making a video of the rides there, would you be able to make a seperate Rainbow one, say a nice long one, its just because there is no OFF RIDE videos of it ANYWHERE on the net.
If you could, I'd be forever greatful, thanks
Chris.

p.s i'm getting a digital camera for xmas, that can take videos, so next year when our shows are on, ill make rainbow, kamikaze, zipper, and many other aussie rides, and share them with you all [:D]
UserPostedImage
crazyspin
Sunday, December 7, 2003 3:22:34 PM
Unfortunotly, I didn't get any video of it. (They only ran it once the Entire fair and murphy's law, I only had my still with me.) [xx(]
Sorry I coundn't help you, but I did get lots of Fottage of the Pirate, Enterprise and Top Spin! [:p][:D]
Including on-ride fottage of the Top Spin and Pirate. [:p][:D]
HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
Sunday, December 7, 2003 10:55:46 PM
omg, so what was wrong with the rainbow [:(]
UserPostedImage
crazyspin
Monday, December 8, 2003 9:56:05 AM
Both the Rainbow and Pirate were getting Major electrical and drive work done by Huss. (In from Germany) [;)]
TopSpinJay
Monday, December 8, 2003 12:03:42 PM
both rides need an overhaull on drive systems and huss has been here numorus time doin the work on them to get them goin normaly again.... the rainbow has had its share of issues in the past 5 years and if some remember it was off the road for awhile, because of problems and complications.

You'll miss us when were gone....
HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
Monday, December 8, 2003 5:13:23 PM
ohhhhh ok, well as long as its still running thats the main thing!, our rainbow has only had one issue, many years ago HUSS came out and did usual checks on all the HUSS RIDES, and they said that the lower arm seemed to be in pretty bad condition cos of how old it is. Anyway they told Des Wittingslow (R.I.P, shame your sons wrecked the best ride company) that it was going to cost over $200,000au to get a whole new arm, but after some discussion HUSS fitted the whole inside of the lower arm with a brand new gear system, so our rainbow runs as smooth as ever up to this day, forward, and with the new owners on the scene, its going to be here for many years, these people dont go selling their rides, they only have a few so they take amazing care of them, their wave swinger is VERY VERY old, and still runs perfect, and looks new!!
UserPostedImage
JOHN C
Monday, December 8, 2003 5:22:37 PM
pirate had major problems at the fsf back in 2001
once you go carnie you never go back

UserPostedImage
ECZenith
Monday, December 8, 2003 5:31:12 PM
I've got full offride POV of Strate's Rainbow. Definately one of my favorite rides on the midway. I'm getting my firewire in a couple weeks, and I'll put my footage up then.

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
Tuesday, December 9, 2003 4:37:46 AM
OMGGGGGGGGGGGG THANKYOU THANKYOU
dude you rock, how long is the video, also lol can u hear the amazing noise that it makes? [:D]

you've made my day!
thanks
UserPostedImage
ECZenith
Tuesday, December 9, 2003 5:13:10 AM
Offride POV? That made no sense, sorry bout that. 🙂 Must've been the fever I had last night talking. I actually have POV of Strate's coaster, though, as well as their dark rides.

I do have most of the ride cycle of the Rainbow (offride) and it recorded the audio as well. The background noise of the midway can be heard but you can just about hear the "woosh" sound the ride makes when it p***** the loading platform.

I have video of all the Huss rides at the NYSF, the dark rides, coaster, Remix, and mostly everything. I was lucky enough to catch the fair on a day when all the rides were open.
"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
HUSSRAINBOW
  •  HUSSRAINBOW
  • 50.12% (Neutral)
Tuesday, December 9, 2003 7:02:30 PM
wicked mate, thanks, it makes the best sound!
UserPostedImage