flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 8:02:18 PM
Back in the day when I worked for Al Sunny we had a glass pitch. Al bought glass from a guy who was located just outside of Pittsburgh. Al's supplier died and Al bought all the remaining glass. He hire 2 ladies to sort and pack the glass. This included ash trays from 2 inch square to glasses, bowls, plates, you name it. I was told to stop what I had going in the barn and take a box truck to get the glass. BUT on the way back to stop in Aurora Ohio and let Pinetar take the glass he needed. I had the truck nearly full of boxed and stopped, letting Pinetar take about 20 case of glass. When I got back to the barn we unloaded the cases, picking through what we wanted to take home. I made another trip the next week with the same result. I still have some of that glass today and that was about 1970. Sure was nice to have CHOICE for a change.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, September 8, 2012 1:43:18 PM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

Back in the day when I worked for Al Sunny we had a glass pitch. Al bought glass from a guy who was located just outside of Pittsburgh. Al's supplier died and Al bought all the remaining glass. He hire 2 ladies to sort and pack the glass. This included ash trays from 2 inch square to glasses, bowls, plates, you name it. I was told to stop what I had going in the barn and take a box truck to get the glass. BUT on the way back to stop in Aurora Ohio and let Pinetar take the glass he needed. I had the truck nearly full of boxed and stopped, letting Pinetar take about 20 case of glass. When I got back to the barn we unloaded the cases, picking through what we wanted to take home. I made another trip the next week with the same result. I still have some of that glass today and that was about 1970. Sure was nice to have CHOICE for a change.

CHOICE? Of what? The glass? What route you took? Or which of the two ladies?
Sixcats have nine lives
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, September 8, 2012 3:42:42 PM
Or all of the above choice !!
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, September 8, 2012 4:20:40 PM
Originally Posted by: Sixcat 

CHOICE? Of what? The glass? What route you took? Or which of the two ladies?

In this instance it was glass, Momma sent my 7 year old son with me and I couldn't find a movie to send him to.

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked