mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, August 10, 2012 11:52:00 PM
Gene O Rides played the Strassenfest in Jasper,Indiana last week. Some photos,photos 
Skywheelrider
Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:37:37 AM
Great looking Tempest! But that Scrambler trailer, wow, who painted that!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:49:13 AM
I agree...the Loop-O-Plane is beautiful also!
My albums are all on Facebook!
Benjibear
Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:21:15 AM
I don't think I could agree about the Tempest. Ticket booth is interesting on a utility trailer. The generator in the International box truck is classic looking. The scrambler trailer and the red/white trailer are unique.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:52:03 PM
Hey I like this show... This is the very type of show I've always wanted.

I agree that Scrambler trailer was outragous... but could be cured with a simple paint job.

The kid rides all look home made, but I give the guy credit for what he though together.

As for the ticket box on the utility trailer that it crappy, but I understand why he did it, if your only going to be up 1 or 2 days a week, that would help with tear down/ Set up.

I give him a B+
Benjibear
Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:08:59 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Hey I like this show... This is the very type of show I've always wanted.

I agree that Scrambler trailer was outragous... but could be cured with a simple paint job.

The kid rides all look home made, but I give the guy credit for what he though together.

As for the ticket box on the utility trailer that it crappy, but I understand why he did it, if your only going to be up 1 or 2 days a week, that would help with tear down/ Set up.

I give him a B+

I should have overall this operation looked nice. I also noted most of the rides have the same color theme going on which I think sometimes get old looking on a midway, is something that is very difficult to achieve and takes a lot of time and effort. You can tell that at least the show is trying and probably give them an A for effort.

My ticket box comment was that hauling a separate load for just a ticket booth takes an extra trip. Probably he is a small show and only has short jumps which probably isn't a big deal.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Jackpotter
Sunday, August 12, 2012 12:51:49 PM
Very small show that's been around for at least 20 years or so. I think it's about the same ride lineup he's always had. There used to be five shows from down in that area and some were related. Gene O' Rides, RG Richards Rides (shuttered), C&J Attractions (shuttered) Great American Carnival and Casey's Rides. Not real sure how or why that western part of Kentucky became home base to that many shows. I need to do a little research and find out.