squirrel
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:21:04 PM
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

Atleast us Republicans can back up our arguments with facts and common sense. I rarely see a Republican involved in a scandal or corruption. But I always see a Democrat involved in one.

You better check your research... If I had the time, I would crunch the numbers, but I have more important things to do than spend my time proving people wrong...

http://en.wikipedia.org/...als_in_the_United_States 

http://en.wikipedia.org/...als_in_the_United_States 

Additionally - in order to properly reflect this concept you stated, you have to look at each 'scandal' and weigh in just how many people it affected, and how many resources were consumed/wasted by said scandal... The amount of data and news media spin on every scandal regarding who was to blame would keep a staff of statisticians busy for a year before it was all sorted out.

IN THE END, THEY'RE ALL GUILTY OF SCANDAL IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER AND OTHER THAN THE SEX SCANDALS, THE SOURCE OF EVERY ONE CAME DOWN TO MONEY AND POLITICAL INFLUENCE ON THE PEOPLE INVOLVED. WHETHER APPOINTED BY A DEM, OR VOTED IN BY REPUBS, THEY'RE ALL GUILTY IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER.

You show me one politician who has not been involved in a scandal or ethics issue, and I'll show you someone who has not been in office long enough, or someone who is smart enough not to get caught (yet)...
squirrel
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:27:15 PM
Additionally, I think if you choose to be a public official, your EVERY ACTION should be up for review at ANY TIME. Every penny you move, including what goes in your pocket, should be available for public review. Don't like it? Don't be a public official. If you represent us, we should have the ability to review your your EVERY ACTION, and you should be held accountable - from spitting on the sidewalk to screwing the neighbor's wife, to raising funds for your political campaign... Personally, I think the rules should be that no politician can accept more than one dollar from any one entity... Now that would level the playing field...
Bowler Roller
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:30:15 PM
We should put a 95% tax on all political contributions.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Erik9976
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:42:28 PM
I don't get my info from Wikipedia. Not always accurate. How many republican politicians are in prison right now and how many democrat politicians are in prison? I guarantee there's more democrats in. Aren't most of us members of the OABA? That's a lobbying group.
Soda Guy
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:45:58 PM
Originally Posted by: Bowler Roller 

We should put a 95% tax on all political contributions.

That is about the best thing I have heard in a long time.

Erik If you think I am a democrat you are really clueless. In all actuallity I have both parties represented in my family and I have never voted a single party ticket in my life.

But I am glad you and the Chris have helped prove my point, if you don't want Obama re-elected you can't keep up your usual tactics. Yes calling people stupid if they don't agree with your thinking isn't the best way to get the undecided to vote your way. Calling people stupid is how you get division, nobody working together . . . .wait, maybe that is what you want. Things to be bad so you can just sit around and * and go I told you so instead of actually doing the leg work that it takes under our current system to remove someone from office.

squirrel
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:50:00 PM

I don't get my info from Wikipedia. Not always accurate. How many republican politicians are in prison right now and how many democrat politicians are in prison? I guarantee there's more democrats in. Aren't most of us members of the OABA? That's a lobbying group.

As for your statement on who's in jail and who isn't, better check that too. Remember, whoever is in the uppermost office (governor, president, whatever) can commute sentences and issue pardons as they see fit. So that statement in itself is a can of worms...

As for Wikipedia not being 'accurate', what information source do you recommend I get my data from? I'll be happy to dig, because at this point, I'm completely fed up with the partisan finger pointing that goes on. Like I said. They're all guilty in one form or another. I don't care which party they're from... Additionally, while on the wikipedia concept, everything I read in there was referenced to several sources. It may not be complete, but I bet money it's accurate.

I'm not an OABA member. Never was... I don't see the need in spending money for a sticker I can put on my ticket boxes (that I don't have)... For what it's worth, this was not meant as a slam to the OABA. I just have my reservations about spending money on things that I don't consider necessary... Many members are those I consider fellow showpeople, and in their own rights have done great things for the industry (individually or as a whole)... But I learned the hard way in this business that you can be friends with anyone. When it comes down to money and business, it's still a dog-eat-cat world no matter what you're a member of...

squirrel
Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:27:04 PM
Just an update (since I did a little more research)... Again, it might not be complete, but I bet it's accurate...

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ians_convicted_of_crimes  - This is a section detailing/listing the number of CONVICTIONS of federal politicians involved in crimes...

A brief rundown for those who don't want to sift through it all: 53 Dems, 76 Repubs "CONVICTED OFFICIALS" - including the Watergate scandal and the Iran-Contra scandal... Now - Obama's Administration is under fire for the Fast/Furious program, which so far is turning out to be the Dem equivalent of the Iran-Contra deal, and depending on how that goes, can change the numbers but I highly doubt it will be more than 23 convictions - which is what it would take to 'level the conviction field' let alone put it in the perspective you (Erik) stated of it being all Democrats and very few Republicans...

My link above to federal scandals cites over 350 'notes' or links to outside resources, and 2 references, one including the book "Political Corruption in America: An Encyclopedia of Scandals, Power, and Greed. The link above in this post lists over 130 external notes regarding the posted information...
squirrel
Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:33:19 PM
Flamo - I'm sorry for being one of the guys who turned your topic about how this law will affect shows into another political flame war of "who's right and who's stupid"... I try to stay out of this sh*t, but sometimes I can't help myself... Especially when it comes right down to the FACTS... I am not against opinions, but when people come out and call others 'stupid' and 'un-informed', I generally take personal offense to that and tend to prove my point to no end... It's a fault of mine where I refuse to admit defeat without doing the research (as much as I can in short time)...
Erik9976
Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:29:31 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

Just an update (since I did a little more research)... Again, it might not be complete, but I bet it's accurate...

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ians_convicted_of_crimes  - This is a section detailing/listing the number of CONVICTIONS of federal politicians involved in crimes...

A brief rundown for those who don't want to sift through it all: 53 Dems, 76 Repubs "CONVICTED OFFICIALS" - including the Watergate scandal and the Iran-Contra scandal... Now - Obama's Administration is under fire for the Fast/Furious program, which so far is turning out to be the Dem equivalent of the Iran-Contra deal, and depending on how that goes, can change the numbers but I highly doubt it will be more than 23 convictions - which is what it would take to 'level the conviction field' let alone put it in the perspective you (Erik) stated of it being all Democrats and very few Republicans...

My link above to federal scandals cites over 350 'notes' or links to outside resources, and 2 references, one including the book "Political Corruption in America: An Encyclopedia of Scandals, Power, and Greed. The link above in this post lists over 130 external notes regarding the posted information...

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I have found a lot of inconsistent info on wiki. I'm sure some of those Republicans are rinos ie John Rowland and not what I would consider a Republican. Just my opinion. I'm not saying the Republican party is perfect.
Bowler Roller
Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:08:09 PM
Neither party is anywhere near perfect. They're both organized crime syndicates. They should be arrested, not elected. I tried that "Republicans are better than Democrats" BS, but I was wrong. They're just opposite sides of the same power hungry coin.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
done with it
Saturday, June 30, 2012 8:04:11 PM
The passing of obama care,was the just the begining to end the american
Dream,everybody will beaffected,to the people with a job, and people with
Out a job,everybody who dont have health insurance,will pay the tax,what people
Have overlooked is all 1400 pages of the law,this is the begining of
THE MARK OF BEAST,because in the law it states insurance companys what
To get rid of the paper,this meaning that if you have insurance
U will b asked to have a micro chip put in your wrist,if you dont u will
B paying a higher cost for insurance, I just dont understand how people can't
See whats happeing to this country,the reason for the,make the people suffer more,because they,the government is controlled by the devil,this new tax is just to help politicans get more money,thats all this is about, money,and the Power and greed,the only way the world will get better,is for god to take it back,
Because these days,the devil has more control over people then god does,the rapture is coming,get right with the lord before its too late,GODBLESS!!!

Let the revolution begin!!!!
FriedPhil
Sunday, July 1, 2012 11:36:33 AM

I have family that lives in Oklahoma. They would beg to differ. Yalls roads aren't bad. Obviously you've never been to California, NY, PA, CT, NJ. Their roads are junk. And your unemployment rate is hovering around 5% well below the national average. So you might wanna get your facts straight.

5% below the national average might be right, BUT the jobs available here in Oklahoma are menial part time jobs like flipping burgers. Low unemployment is not very meaningful here where you might make $ 5.00/hr.
Please do not exit the ride until it comes to a complete stop.
FriedPhil
Sunday, July 1, 2012 11:37:43 AM
[bdh]
Originally Posted by: done with it 

The passing of obama care,was the just the begining to end the american
Dream,everybody will beaffected,to the people with a job, and people with
Out a job,everybody who dont have health insurance,will pay the tax,what people
Have overlooked is all 1400 pages of the law,this is the begining of
THE MARK OF BEAST,because in the law it states insurance companys what
To get rid of the paper,this meaning that if you have insurance
U will b asked to have a micro chip put in your wrist,if you dont u will
B paying a higher cost for insurance, I just dont understand how people can't
See whats happeing to this country,the reason for the,make the people suffer more,because they,the government is controlled by the devil,this new tax is just to help politicans get more money,thats all this is about, money,and the Power and greed,the only way the world will get better,is for god to take it back,
Because these days,the devil has more control over people then god does,the rapture is coming,get right with the lord before its too late,GODBLESS!!!

Let the revolution begin!!!!

Oh, brother.
Please do not exit the ride until it comes to a complete stop.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 1, 2012 12:09:30 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

Flamo - I'm sorry for being one of the guys who turned your topic about how this law will affect shows into another political flame war of "who's right and who's stupid"... I try to stay out of this sh*t, but sometimes I can't help myself... Especially when it comes right down to the FACTS... I am not against opinions, but when people come out and call others 'stupid' and 'un-informed', I generally take personal offense to that and tend to prove my point to no end... It's a fault of mine where I refuse to admit defeat without doing the research (as much as I can in short time)...

Not a problem. My son is a VP at a company here in TX. The used to employ close to 100 people. Now with the sales force they employ less than 20. They sub all their work to avoid Obamacare and other govt crap. I was curious to see how shows are going to handle it.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 1, 2012 12:34:41 PM
Originally Posted by: FriedPhil 

5% below the national average might be right, BUT the jobs available here in Oklahoma are menial part time jobs like flipping burgers. Low unemployment is not very meaningful here where you might make $ 5.00/hr.

You are running your mouth without facts. I live in the DFW area, very close to OK. Oilfield, refinery, pipeline jobs pay quite well thank you. Since OH, PA and ND joined in the drilling boom drillers in OK and TX are paying even better. The support industry is huge, all good paying and several people have businesses they started in the support industry. Not all jobs are at McDs. Would you like to compare TX to say CA? Or OH to to NY?

I made statements over the years about politicians, first was to tax all contributions on a sliding scale, next was to remove all benefits from politicians and appointees which includes retirement (serve and go home) my latest is to remove all party identifiers from the ballot and no straight party tickets. You would then check names not party. If you didn't know who someone was chances are you would skip that name, no getting votes by default. No cheat sheets in the polling place.

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked