flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:52:18 PM
Will shows now negatively be affected with the upholding of Obamacare. Are the shows forced into insuring the help or will they just pay the "TAX"? It was ruled a tax not a penalty. Will the help be hired as independent contractors thus exempting the shows from coverage?
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
geewizz66
Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:24:03 PM
For small companies like mine this could be the final nail in the coffin. Walmart, McDonalds and a few other HUGE companies were given exemptions from this Socialized Medicine sponsored and dictated to American Citizens and Businessmen by the Anti Christ Obama. Those Corporations (and now thanks to the Supreme Court upholding the UNLIMITED CAMPAIGN DONATIONS BY LARGE CORPORATIONS POLICY) have given huge sums of money to the Obama Campaign to be exempt from Obamacare. Those of us with smaller companies simply do not have the funding to garner this type of exemption status. So ONCE AGAIN, the small to medium sized business owner will have to hire lawyers and attorney's to find the little loop holes so that we can figure out how to get around not paying this TAX too! And most of you are inept anyway when it comes to business sense because you all think that we make a ton of money. I'm tired of grossing what we do and coming in at the end of the season busted.

What do you think will happen when all of the small and medium sized companies just give up?? The big corporations pay far less than we do in actual taxes. Granted they throw millions at politicians so that they receive those perks but what is the smaller company supposed to do?

All of you that are on some type of government assistance or disability because your allergic to work better wake up. 17 Trillion in debt, this new Obamacare crap and whatever else they can think of isn't going to put spam and tortilla's on the plate much longer.

If I've offended some of you, great! Get off your butts and go do something about this. The Government that we have in place today would make even the most notorious of gangsters blush with the level of corruption and extortion that is going on in our Nations Capital! And it's all legal too.

God bless us all, cause he's the only one that can't levy a tax.

Geewizz66
Benjibear
Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:13:10 PM
Originally Posted by: geewizz66 

God bless us all, cause he's the only one that can't levy a tax.

But God can levy death and according to a famous sayings "nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

I am not going to get into a political debate, but we need some good leadership. We are letting big business and big money run our country.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
DOGMAN
Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:13:46 PM
As an accountant, I get daily emails from the IRS and God forbid this idiot is reelcted because the taxes to be implemented are scary. The earned income credit is GONE. And that is just one item. Small business is scared now because they don't know what to expect. And the IRS has hired 15,000 - 16,000 to enforce the new laws. Another item gone is the sales and local tax. And on and on. I gotta stop before I scream.
DOGMAN
Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:31:20 PM
And, tax on dividends is going from 15% to 43%. Who you voting for?
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:45:13 PM
Originally Posted by: DOGMAN 

As an accountant, I get daily emails from the IRS and God forbid this idiot is reelcted because the taxes to be implemented are scary. The earned income credit is GONE. And that is just one item. Small business is scared now because they don't know what to expect. And the IRS has hired 15,000 - 16,000 to enforce the new laws. Another item gone is the sales and local tax. And on and on. I gotta stop before I scream.

As an accountant do you know of what NEW taxes will be will be imposed on not just the individual but on the small and medium size businesses (shows). I had though about those businesses hiring only independent contractors on a daily weekly basis. Would that exempt a business from complying? It does mean there would be no benefits paid, no security in the job for that contractor?

Soda Guy
Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:54:46 PM

Dogman

Have you read anywhere what the fine is going to be for a business if they don't provide coverage?

Also one thing to remember we are talking about business that employ 50 people or more. At least that is what I have read again Dogman probably can help with this.

Now I am not for Obamacare but Jeewhizz is a little less than 100% with his accuracy on Walmart and McD's. Yes they have cut a deal but they also have to increase the numbers by % of full time employees that will now be able to get coverage. And on the McD's side this is only for McD corporate stores, not the owner operator stores.

But back to shows, why couldn't a show split his company into two separate corporations, or more each employing 40 people or less. Yes a ton more paperwork but this isn't unheard of in this business. Hell remember when everyone was moving the trucks to a separate corporation to try and protect themselves. Construction companies are going to do it. . . Just going to make accountant and lawyers more money. Guess what Congress is full of, not business people but accountants and a large number of lawyers. But also remember what led the country to voting for the current president is the failure of Bush 2 and his congress.

But in the end what do I think will happen, Obamacare doesn't go into effect until 2014, so if you want change you aren't going to do it by banging away on the computer on sites with people with like ideas, it is going to take shutting off the computer, going door to door in your neighborhoods, making sure people are registered to vote and getting them to the poles. Buying Glenn Becks next book isn't going to get it done, what will is something that the Becks will never understand. Hard work is going to change this election and this country.

Now off my soap box.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:29:56 PM
I am not going to get into a political debate, but we need some good leadership. We are letting big business and big money run our country.

The radical left is running and destroying this country. Tax and spend on what? We had the chance to drill our way out of this but the left doesn't like fossil fuels so it has been blocked. (That's what Canada did)
Soda Guy
Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:43:38 PM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

The radical left is running and destroying this country. Tax and spend on what? We had the chance to drill our way out of this but the left doesn't like fossil fuels so it has been blocked. (That's what Canada did)

Flamo You better do some research when Bush 2 had control of congress after years of the Rebups being a minority those boys spent like 3 Pelosis. That is when things really got screwed up.

As for drill, drill, drill, gas prices are going down without it, can you explain that? Yea it is more big business manipulating markets. It has happened with soybeans and silver, (research the Hunt boys in the past). I trust big oil as much as I trust Six-cat holding my bankroll while I play Arial Bowling.

Erik9976
Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:48:33 PM
Quit blaming Bush. It was democratic congress that got elected in 2006 not Bush that got us in this mess.
Erik9976
Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:53:11 PM
The reason gas prices are going down is cause of supply and demand. All the countries over seas are going broke. Were next if we don't get rid of Obama.
Soda Guy
Friday, June 29, 2012 12:01:44 AM
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

Quit blaming Bush. It was democratic congress that got elected in 2006 not Bush that got us in this mess.

I am not just blaming Bush. But you have to admit when the Repubs had control, they didn't control spending. They all had to fund their pet projects.

Any you know what business is the best at getting continued funding? It isn't welfare it is the defense industry. Now this isn't my thinking it was actually an op-ed piece in the WSJ a few years back. The defense industry is the only industry that has a MAJOR employer in EVERY state. No sitting member of congress that wants to get re-elected will vote to cut back jobs in their own state.

We need to have an across the board cut in government spending. From Defense to Welfare. A 5% cut would make such a huge difference but Congress would see the savings and both sides would then start funding their pet projects.

We(the voting public) need to understand that Congess, no matter what side is really only interested in getting re-elected. Yes this is a generalization but I really do think that the perks are a reason to "bend" a few rules if it keeps you in office. Not that I agree with it but it is what I think happens.

I mean when I was booking my food trailers and could guarantee my spots again the next year with a little envelope would I do it? I used to play Duquoin. That should tell you something, if you are from the mid west.

Soda Guy
Friday, June 29, 2012 12:08:15 AM
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

The reason gas prices are going down is cause of supply and demand. All the countries over seas are going broke. Were next if we don't get rid of Obama.

That might be true. I guess you probably think we should get the good quality folks that ran Enron and have them overhaul our economic system?

I think the President gets way to much credit when things go good, and takes way to much BS when things go bad. I am not an Obama fan but you would think that the anti-Obama people would learn what does and doesn't work. Just because Fox News says so, doesn't make it fact. Just like MSNBC should be taken as gospel either.

Erik here is an idea you might like, why don't we let Rupert Murdock be in charge, I mean big business man. . .jet setter, big money guy. So what to make money he has his minions (including his son) hack into peoples personal accounts and phones and computers. He did it so his business could make more money. That makes it OK

Soda Guy
Friday, June 29, 2012 12:14:36 AM

Erik

Thanks for making this a civil conversation.

I want Obama defeated, but I believe that just posting the same BS, he is not a citizen, not Christian . . .Actually turns more voters to him than away. Just like when the press and the late night shows went on the vicious attack of Sarah Palin, it actually made more people feel sorry for her and got them on her side.

Soda Guy
Friday, June 29, 2012 12:29:08 AM

From the C-Store news a good article on what Obamacare will mean to the retail businesses.

http://www.csnews.com/to...er&utm_campaign=2118 

Now to answer a few of my questions. This Obamacare is for business with over 50 full time employees (30 hours or more). will have to provide insurance or face a fine.

The fine is 2,000 dollars per employee for the first 30 or 60 grand.

Now on the peersonal side they are going to have the IRS do the tracking and recording to see if you have insurance.

That group can't keep their crap together the way it is. . . . .

What a cluster. . . . .