crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, November 30, 2003 9:09:24 AM
Well, today is the last day of the Broward County Fair and many people have offered for me to stay after closing and Help/watch tear down! So I accepted! lol.
I'll be taking lots of pictures and will give a report when I'm done! [;)]
I will be starting at about 9:00p.m and finesh around 3 or 4:00! [;)]
And should be helping with the Giant Wheel.

I thought you would find this interesting!
Thanks,
[:D] Andrew [:D]
carnivalangel14
Sunday, November 30, 2003 9:10:47 AM
Hope you have fun!
~Vanessa~
*_ Agility~ My anti drug!!_*
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, November 30, 2003 9:50:53 AM
BE CAREFUL crazyspin,congratulations on what appears to be your first job on the midway. Don't go searchin' for any lightbulb grease or anything ! [:D] And make sure you get your green pay $$$$$ .
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 30, 2003 10:09:02 AM
Be sure to take your garden gloves and a smart move would be to have a hard hat. Shows don't typically have them laying around. Fake it, ask for a "doniker" break, tell him you love to "rustle pig iron", use the lingo, he'll think you have been with it.
UserPostedImage
FunkyTown
Sunday, November 30, 2003 10:31:48 AM
Big Eli is right, make sure you get paid.... some shows might want you to help tear down for cash and before you know it the office trailer is gone. [xx(] But the main thing is becareful![8D]
crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, November 30, 2003 3:54:20 PM
[V][xx(][:(][:(!][V][V][:(][:(][:(][:(!][:(!][xx(][B)][B)][V][V][:(!][:(][:(]
I have to be 18! [:(][V][V][xx(][:(][:(!][V][V][:(][:(][:(][:(!][:(!][xx(][B)][B)][V][V][:(!][:(][:(]
cny_chris
Sunday, November 30, 2003 4:26:35 PM
Ouch, it's easy to forget about that. Guess there's always next year.[:(] Sorry to hear that it didn't work out.[:(][:(]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
BSA Mike
Sunday, November 30, 2003 4:27:53 PM
Majestic Fan1982
Sunday, November 30, 2003 6:33:54 PM
Awww crazyspin had his hopes up then the darn age law kills everything lol.

I wanted to help so bad on tear down nights in my town when i was 16 but always got told nope can't do it till i turn 18. I should have just lied bout my age but i'm just to honest. DARN lol. I can do all the tear downs i want now :)

Only problem is ive only done 2 and tear down is easy for me since i know how most of the rides go down only problem is my achey back doesnt wanna do it anymore lol so i quit for awhile 😞
Skywheelrider
Sunday, November 30, 2003 6:40:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crazyspin

I have to be 18! [:(][V][V][xx(][:(][:(!][V][V][:(][:(][:(][:(!][:(!][xx(][B)][B)][V][V][:(!][:(][:(]

As Homer Simpson so eloquently puts it, "DOH!" [;)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, November 30, 2003 7:36:32 PM
Ya that age limit ,the only reason i can help is i nknow some people who pucshed me in 2 years ago with rcs and helms.But ijm 17 and ig got a permit

daniel
Drayven
Monday, December 1, 2003 3:42:47 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crazyspin

Aw, sucks!!

Maybe you should be like Matt in Vegas, get some fake ID?? [;)]

Peace + Love = Information