johnroach100
  •  johnroach100
  • 58.22% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, March 9, 2012 12:02:05 AM
I know the moonwalk forum has been knocked on here before, but this is interesting:

http://moonwalkforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20619 

In case the link just works for members, at least six major inflate companies have decided to boycott IAAPA and start their own show.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, March 9, 2012 5:55:36 AM
I think the guys behind the MWF are from Michigan and if it's who I think it is they arn't too bright.

I stopped by their booth a few years ago and these guys were like the paranoid survivalest sp? It was all doom and gloom for the industry and after 3 or 5 minutes I walked off and they were saying..'Don't blame us if.... You'de better be ready.... blah blah blah
uncle_buck
Friday, March 9, 2012 10:15:19 AM
The glory days of IAAPA are gone. That is true for all conventions, whether it be for computers, rides or porta-johns. We go to conventions more or less as a social event. If I need to order anything, all I have to do is click a mouse. All those inflate/bounce house's do,in my opinion, is fill up space to make the show floor look bigger so that IAAPA thinks they have a lot of vendors. IAAPA needs to understand that the heyday of convention are over. Now that its back in Orlando for a few years, give us the Disney Parkhopper discounts that they used to give so that we can bring our families and make it worthwhile to attend.
They'll miss us when we're gone!