wanderlust
Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:37:19 PM
A big hello from Victoria,Tx. We are new here & very interested in the carnival world.Recenlty stepped away from college due to cuts in grants & struggling to find work.Our family lives in a 31 foot mobile,self cotained r.v. & we are ready to travel & begin new lives.Any-one interested in hiring an experienced cook & or mechanic.Looking for year around permanent employment.
JustJeff
Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:58:30 PM
Welcome to Matts ! You should not have much a hard time finding work as long as you are willing to start at the bottom and prove your worth... Your timing is pretty good as a lot of shows will be cranking up in the next few weeks.

Best of luck to you and let us know how you make out if you choose.....jeff
joan
  •  joan
  • 57.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Friday, February 24, 2012 8:08:58 PM
Have you been out to the lot and asked around yet? I know they opened last night in Victoria.
wanderlust
Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:49:12 PM
This is wanderlust in Victoria,Tx. To JustJeff & all other parties we have no issues in starting from the bottom & proving our worth.Every one has to start from some where. Our funds are fairly wiped out due to lack of work & an extremely tough job market here. Are there any shows seasonal or year around close by such as New Mexico,Arizona,ect that could use depenable,fun,hard working couple.Not looking for anything tempory,looking for a new direction & a solid income for our future & family.Thank-you.
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, February 25, 2012 6:52:58 PM
Welcome. How far are you willing to travel? I'm not sure about shows in New Mexico, but in Arizona you have Brown's Amusements. Pretty nice show That I believe stays in Arizona, not sure of how long their season goes. Also there's Ray Cammack Shows. RCS's season starts February and goes till November. They travel Texas, Arizona, California. According to the RCS website they're looking for help right now. You might want to check out their site.

There's a couple more shows in Arizona, I can't remember their names right now, but Matt has the majority of all the shows contacts listed on the the directory tab. I would check there for more contacts..
squirrel
Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:44:22 PM
I was gonna say RCS is down there, there's Crabtree as well. Wade is there sometimes I think too --
joan
  •  joan
  • 57.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:21:48 AM
Reed is physically IN Victoria right now. They're always hiring, and they're there until a week from tomorrow. I'd suggest going to the lot and asking for work. It'll be a lot quicker than asking on the internet. In fact, I bet one of you will be working tomorrow if you go in the morning.
Matt C.
Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:51:16 PM
Check out our classifieds, there are plenty of companies hiring around the country. Link below:

http://www.carnivalwareh...ketplace/marketplace.asp 
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com