Pete
  •  Pete
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, February 17, 2012 9:56:01 PM
Come on somebody liven this damn joint up, I may have to give up and go back to reading that OABA rag.
Benjibear
Friday, February 17, 2012 9:59:22 PM
I agree.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, February 17, 2012 10:08:08 PM
I really miss the guy. I was on Flickr the other day and found some of his pics ... so I went to his flickr site ... I hope we don't lose those. He had some good pics out there. I liked that old 1957 video he was always pimping
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:33:10 AM
Here is something many of you don't know about Pinetar. There may have been a topic posted here he agreed with but on one occasion I was at the barn and after reading the topic he looked and me and said "whatch me stir things up" Then proceeded to post to toally drive everybody crazy. With in a few minutes somebody would reply screaming at him. He looked at me and said "well, I got things stirred up again." with a big smile on his face. He had a talent for that.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:35:21 AM
Here are 2 videos that Gary put on You Tube with his friend Ryan Stevens.

After watching the videos and never having met Ryan before, I saw him at the Wood County Fair, walked up to the joint and said "Yo Gypsy Boy, you steal babies and chickens?". He got a big smile on his face and said, you are a friend of Gary.

Benjibear
Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:35:37 AM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

Here is something many of you don't know about Pinetar. There may have been a topic posted here he agreed with but on one occasion I was at the barn and after reading the topic he looked and me and said "whatch me stir things up" Then proceeded to post to toally drive everybody crazy. With in a few minutes somebody would reply screaming at him. He looked at me and said "well, I got things stirred up again." with a big smile on his face. He had a talent for that.

Some times the pot needs stirring or else the food will start burning on the bottom. Might as well throw the whole thing out then.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:05:39 AM
Bowler Roller
Monday, February 20, 2012 9:05:16 PM
He was the coolest jag you could ever meet.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:42:37 PM
the guy said what was on his mind even if people didn't like it, he wasn't a phoney.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:16:38 AM
Very few on this board knew Gary as well as I did. I knew most of his faults and his good points as well. My time with him went back to when he was still in school, when he went to Nam and worked side by side with him in the barn and on the road. He did it all. It made no difference from booking the show, moving it including joints and food. He had knowledge and experience but more importantly he shared both. I know a lot he had to live with which most of you don't. RIP Gary
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
the-novelty-man
Friday, February 24, 2012 3:37:16 PM
Originally Posted by: john777 

the guy said what was on his mind even if people didn't like it, he wasn't a phoney.

Thats no S-H-I-T a true Showman he was
The-Novelty-Man