dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, January 7, 2012 7:01:33 PM
During the Marshfield, WI Christmas holiday parade this guy was walking the parade route. He was selling cotton candy, illuminated swords and illuminated necklaces. I thought this would be a great idea for those in food and straight sales during the off season to make some money. Could work with other food items and other straight sales items too. During the parade I also saw some hot chocolate and coffee vendors pass by.

Cotton Candy/Novelty Vendor Picture 
Mark H
Sponsor
Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:50:11 PM
Ive been working Christmas parades for about 35 years. Plus, fair parades, Mardi Gra , Bowl parades, Martin L. King parades, ect....Im kinda supprised with all the events you visit, its the first youve noticed the parade vendors. Back when i was young and dumb, i always had a case of snaps, party string, and slim jims in my car or van.
joan
  •  joan
  • 57.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, January 9, 2012 6:36:09 PM
Were people buying cotton candy in winter temps in Wisconsin? Just curious. I sell glow necklaces sometimes at the winter parades, flowers on valentines, and occasionally (if I didn't have that great of a season) will sell stock in the flea market the month before christmas. But mostly, I sit on my butt duing the off season, lol.