geewizz66
Friday, December 2, 2011 7:03:49 PM
My Wife and Children were up in Wisconsin this summer and ran across this joint. They said that it was rocking and rolling. Anyone have an idea how it works, stock averages and prices. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve

File Attachment(s):
Angry Bird 3.pdf (166kb) downloaded 74 time(s).

Geewizz66
Benjibear
Friday, December 2, 2011 7:14:40 PM
Does it work like a duck pond or balloon darts?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
geewizz66
Friday, December 2, 2011 7:19:13 PM
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

Does it work like a duck pond or balloon darts?

The player uses that horseshoe looking thing with a bungee to pull back one of those smaller birds and then they let it fly and knock off the other birds. It's some type of game on these iphones that's pretty popular. I guess that it works like a cork gun but I don't know what they charged or how many steps. I'm trying to find the stock now. I didn't make it to Vegas or IAAPA as we were still open.

Geewizz66
joan
  •  joan
  • 57.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Friday, December 2, 2011 11:56:57 PM
I know nothing about the game, but licensed angry bird stock is EXPENSIVE. It just kind of looks like a cork gun to me...My guess would be 3 birds for $5, guaranteed win...But you'd have to start with something besides angry birds for a first win, as the dollar sized ones cost like $1.50-$1.75.

Oh, and my daughter (who plays the game on her ipod) said to tell you the birds are knocking down pigs, not other birds, lol.
joan
  •  joan
  • 57.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Friday, December 2, 2011 11:58:28 PM
Where are you still open, by the way?
geewizz66
Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:34:36 AM
Originally Posted by: joan 

Where are you still open, by the way?

We have two Christmas Festivals coming up (in Phoenix) where we have 6 or 7 rides and three games and a popper. If we get the weather they are good, if not then it's more like practice. We closed the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. On that Monday all of the foreign workers flew home and we laid off the American crew. We take one week (Thanksgiving) off and then we start on WQ projects with 8 people. We start back up the last weekend in January with 10 rides, 6 games and one wagon. The whole show goes back out after Easter.

It's a long season but it's what we do. My brother has a show similar in size but he never closes. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, it's nuts but they never close.

Thank you very much for your help with the angry bird game. It looks like they have slum in bins on the right wall. I was told that Lucky?? stock company carried them. As for the little pigs, I would probably have those made up. My bushel agent for the past 12 years passed away in 2009 and we tried tub's for a couple of years but no one could even get close to what my guy did gross wise so I need to change the game out. Jimmy Sawyer was an old timer and NEVER left the joint AND I can only remember one or two beef's in all of those years. He was like some of you here that never let the beef leave the counter.
Geewizz66
FriedPhil
Saturday, December 3, 2011 11:06:03 AM
Originally Posted by: joan 

I know nothing about the game, but licensed angry bird stock is EXPENSIVE. It just kind of looks like a cork gun to me...My guess would be 3 birds for $5, guaranteed win...But you'd have to start with something besides angry birds for a first win, as the dollar sized ones cost like $1.50-$1.75.

Oh, and my daughter (who plays the game on her ipod) said to tell you the birds are knocking down pigs, not other birds, lol.

EVERYBODY knows angry birds don't like pigs! LOL

Who invents this stuff anyway?
Please do not exit the ride until it comes to a complete stop.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, December 3, 2011 1:04:04 PM
When I saw Thomas Carnival back in September, someone had a Angry Birds dart joint. It was like a star darts, rows and rows of those small paper targets. I THINK the plush was Angry birds but not sure. If you want a picture of it I'll send you one.
joan
  •  joan
  • 57.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Saturday, December 3, 2011 1:32:07 PM
So, I've said in other places that I have no idea bout collection joints or build ups, so I asked my husband (he just got home last night from finishing up the season-good timing for this thread, lol).
He said that the joint looks slow as all get out. I don't know what type of clerks/agents you have, but I can see this happening-3 for $5 wins slum. Another $5 gets them more slum. At this point, either the kid really likes the "toys" they've won, and he's done... or the parents are frustrated because they're going to end up paying $20 for the smallest "prize".
If you can keep the game moving quickly enough, they may not notice. But those slingshot things with kids playing? Not very fast, haha. And it looks like it may be hard to get an adult to play.
Mike says that if you switch it to a tire, or doniker seat, or life saver that they can throw the birds through, it moves much faster, and you're more likely to get the adults engaged at some point.
Again, I am NOT an expert on build up joints. But I think he may be right. The mini ball next to me for the last few spots this season had slum as it's first win, and I saw VERY little stock walk out of the joint. She got a ton of $5 play, and some $10. But it was hard to get them past it. I don't know. Just my opinions here, since you asked. Ignoring them won't hurt my feelings...
Musher
Sunday, December 4, 2011 8:46:18 PM
I remember seeing one on the Midway with Wenzel's Amusements so you might want to call them. If you goto my flickr page look up the "Good Neighbor Festival" and there is a picture of the game.
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, December 5, 2011 3:01:55 AM
saw one in action. was winning a few bucks. slingshots mounted to the counters fire bean bags at themed targets. more like a punk rack. redbone is supposed to be framing the guts.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
geewizz66
Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:16:49 PM
Originally Posted by: lotman 

saw one in action. was winning a few bucks. slingshots mounted to the counters fire bean bags at themed targets. more like a punk rack. redbone is supposed to be framing the guts.

Thanks, I will give David a call and see what they have!
Geewizz66
TrafficJam
Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:24:40 PM
I noticed in GibTown that the liscensed Angry Bird plush is available from The Good Stuff Company in New York. You have to order well in advance. They also had foam balls and other Angry Bird themed toys. www.goodstufftoys.com 
geewizz66
Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:34:23 AM
Originally Posted by: TrafficJam 

I noticed in GibTown that the liscensed Angry Bird plush is available from The Good Stuff Company in New York. You have to order well in advance. They also had foam balls and other Angry Bird themed toys. www.goodstufftoys.com 

We talked with them in Gibtown, real expensive stock. I found some knock off stock that is called crazy farm animals or something but I still like the concept. I've heard mixed things about the joint. It seems that it either rock's them or it doesn't.

I did like the launchers that Redbone Supply had - they were using them for a break a bottle. I think that those launchers, kind of a sling shot thing, could be used.

Thank you for the info!

Geewizz66