with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, November 21, 2011 8:41:56 AM
Anyone know the optium PSI for #7 ( non-Double dipped) Balloons? I'm framing a new joint and really really need this information. I also need to know how many decibals the balloon pop is that way I need to know if I need to furnish hearing protection or not.

Also if anyone has a good contact for Balloon Wax hook me up. I like to keep them shiney.
Benjibear
Monday, November 21, 2011 9:17:32 AM
Originally Posted by: with-it 

Anyone know the optium PSI for #7 ( non-Double dipped) Balloons? I'm framing a new joint and really really need this information. I also need to know how many decibals the balloon pop is that way I need to know if I need to furnish hearing protection or not.

Also if anyone has a good contact for Balloon Wax hook me up. I like to keep them shiney.

Check the OSHA regs about if you need hearing protection or not. I think it depends on what darts you are using and how sharp they are.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, November 21, 2011 9:31:43 AM
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

Check the OSHA regs about if you need hearing protection or not. I think it depends on what darts you are using and how sharp they are.

I know what the regs are just need to know how much the balloon produces. Even if it's not required I'm till gonna ding the help for hearing protection.
Soda Guy
Monday, November 21, 2011 10:25:22 AM

A little more information is going to be needed to help with the PSI info. Ambient air temp for one will have an effect on the balloons and well as if you will be any direct sunlight for extended periods of time. A way to look at it is this, if you fill the balloons early in the cool mornings then have high temps during the day with cooloer nights some of your balloons will start to look like sagging strippers working the dayshift. I think what you will need is a sliding scale to reference as to the proper PSI for your balloons.

Glad to see the technical questions are starting again. Don't forget to post pics of your work.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, November 21, 2011 10:53:37 AM
Originally Posted by: Soda Guy 

A little more information is going to be needed to help with the PSI info. Ambient air temp for one will have an effect on the balloons and well as if you will be any direct sunlight for extended periods of time. A way to look at it is this, if you fill the balloons early in the cool mornings then have high temps during the day with cooloer nights some of your balloons will start to look like sagging strippers working the dayshift. I think what you will need is a sliding scale to reference as to the proper PSI for your balloons.

Glad to see the technical questions are starting again. Don't forget to post pics of your work.

That is true...the question I should also ask is at what PSI will the Balloons fail without any outside interferance or structual defect. Also what is the exact height of the joint they should be in?
Soda Guy
Monday, November 21, 2011 11:04:03 AM

That is true...the question I should also ask is at what PSI will the Balloons fail without any outside interferance or structual defect. Also what is the exact height of the joint they should be in?

Come on "newbie" you are now playing with us. Stick joint or trailer joint. Information, information, information helps. Plus what kind of stock will you throw? Will you have the X on balloon joints? How close to the office will you be? will you be playing on dirt, gravel or pavement? Heights will vary with those three. Information, information, information is what we need. And pictures

Benjibear
Monday, November 21, 2011 12:05:26 PM
I think the use of the ideal gas law is going to be needed to figure this out.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
JustJeff
Monday, November 21, 2011 12:25:07 PM
Blow them up until just before they Pop...If they pop,you went a little too far..Hope this helps...
Soda Guy
Monday, November 21, 2011 1:52:12 PM
Originally Posted by: JustJeff 

Blow them up until just before they Pop...If they pop,you went a little too far..Hope this helps...

Jeff although very helpful, I think with-it is looking for something with a diamond plate base, three or four shut-offs, and lots of stainless tubing to inflate the balloons. You know state fair quality.

Remember he is framing a new joint so cost isn't a problem.

squirrel
Monday, November 21, 2011 2:24:06 PM
Someone just get him a link to an automatic-inflater. We all know the days of getting the local lot-lizard to fill the balloons the next morning are long gone...
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, November 21, 2011 2:40:38 PM

Jeff although very helpful, I think with-it is looking for something with a diamond plate base, three or four shut-offs, and lots of stainless tubing to inflate the balloons. You know state fair quality.

Remember he is framing a new joint so cost isn't a problem.

Right...Especially since it's gonna be a stick joint made out of Acacia Koa (google it) with Led lighting and titianium hinges. It's also wireless. All power will be transmitted via a Tesla coil.

* State Fair Quality only means something to guys that never played a State Fair. I've seen alot of crap I'd be embarressed to claim as mine at some State Fairs.
Soda Guy
Monday, November 21, 2011 2:55:59 PM

Right...Especially since it's gonna be a stick joint made out of Acacia Koa (google it) with Led lighting and titianium hinges. It's also wireless. All power will be transmitted via a Tesla coil.

* State Fair Quality only means something to guys that never played a State Fair. I've seen alot of crap I'd be embarressed to claim as mine at some State Fairs.

I have to say State Fair Quality because if I say Bishop Approved I get DQ'd
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Monday, November 21, 2011 5:56:52 PM

I have to say State Fair Quality because if I say Bishop Approved I get DQ'd

I don't think it will be Bishop Approved....Gonna be blessed by witch doctor.
cny_chris
Monday, November 21, 2011 6:57:45 PM

Tesla Coil? I think there's a Kentucky Colonel on here who would insist it be steam powered.

And oh, to answer your original question, that would depend on how much hot air the joint owner is blowing out...[devil2]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
ridejocky
Monday, November 21, 2011 8:12:03 PM
Using empirical date you can graph the volume of the balloon versus air pressure. The line will start out almost flat, and then will become almost vertical, and then it will flatten out again to almost horizontal before the balloon finally bursts. Note the pressure when the line just starts to flatten out and reduce by 5% to allow for changes in atmospheric pressure and temperature and you should be fine. This calculation is free for larger orders and is available for a 10% up-charge on all orders under $500

I have the wax in stock, and it is currently in on sale at 20% off with a minimum $100 order.

Please note that all of my products and services require payment prior to shipment but carry a 100% no questions asked guarantee.

Dave

Ride the Zipper?