Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, November 13, 2011 12:06:09 PM
How is it that probably 95% of all show people are home and not posting on here?

All those show people who were regulars in past months or years are no long participating?

I"ve never been a fan basher on here, but as of late... it's grown really stale.
Skywheelrider
Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:24:13 PM
I have noticed, especially in the last few days. Oh, what, four or five posts in 24 hours, and I think I made three of them, at one point.

Honestly, there are a lot of folks that just lurk here, never post, and from what I hear from folks that is becoming more and more common. Facebook....that right there is a perfect example of why posts here are down. One example, quite a few folks, in and out of the business, belong to a Facebook group for 'forgotten carnival rides' that basically is an all-inclusive carnival discussion; old photos and videos are being shared, current stuff, it started as forgotten/old rides and has morphed into a carnival catch-all, and it is very active. That's just one example. I have looked in on C - Town and there is little action over there, too, so it's not just MCW. Facebook is where everyone is gravitating towards, lots and lots of carnival folks posting there.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
JustJeff
Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:03:12 PM
Obviously I can only speak for myself..I still check` here at least twice a day and if something interests me enough to reply,I do so..I do notice that when I post a topic that I think may be of interest,it seldom is, as I get few replies...Could be just a simple matter of what is interesting to me is not to others.

But it didn't use to be that way,,One thing I won't do is report on the same old events over and over,,You have all heard my last report on The Pasco County Fair or the Chasco Fiesta unless something major happens..I try to get a conversation going on the Hudson Seafest but few are interested,and it is kind of funny this year as they have no rides..

I thought about making a topic ,but figured no one would care...the funny thing is The papers were advertising rides and wristbands as late as yesterday but they have no rides (I have been told,I have not gone)--was it a No Show? What happened? Who Cares? LOL--I do but apparantly not many others..

Chris ,I think Facebook is the future..It is quick (almost instantanious)..It is really the leader IMO..You can have friends and Family and also belong to a carnival group..All on one page,yet seperate from each other ..I still enjoy Matts(always will probably) ,but there is a lot of competition for our short attention span,,,What I like most about Matts is that they never gave up on the unending war on trolls and trollism...Kudos on that fellas,the admin never got thanked enough for that job..

I think it will get busy on here again..Keep in mind a lot of shows are fresh off the road and still a bit busy,,,Probably after the New Year we may see some life<<I hope so anyway.,I will keep trying to post if something of interest comes up and I will try to answer some more..One thing I cannot do is join the Rainbow Club of FantasyLand..You are a good guy Ben,but a little too many paint chips when you were little perhaps?? They have tests for that I am sure...J/k of course...More to come as needed--jeff
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:02:00 PM
Chris can you post a link to the facebook page?

I hate being out of the loop... and this loop seems to have come unraveled
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:49:55 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Chris can you post a link to the facebook page?

I hate being out of the loop... and this loop seems to have come unraveled

https://www.facebook.com/# !/carnivalwarehouse
https://www.facebook.com/# !/pages/Matts-Web-Design-Inc/120599284644648

There are alot of reasons that topics are slim around here anymore. I cant list them, because they would be deleted, which in its self is a reason. Chris hit it pretty good about facebook. I know alot of showmen that wont post here anymore because they have to deal with stupid questions from idiots that we have to deal with on the road, and try to get away from them in the winter.

Anyone else notice....there are twice as many replies to the idiotic "gravitron" question as to Chris Hurleys post thanking the Veterans?
tiltcharles
Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:55:15 PM
ok i will liven it up. im home in fl now and i occassionaly bash strates and carr. and i have good reasons. lol
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:58:45 PM
Scott try this link for Forgotten Carnival Rides.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf# !/groups/112869962123676/

Not sure if that link will work, however Hurley will sign you up.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:55:14 PM
Anyone also notice one time you may have for example 2,225 posts and the next time it maybe 1,221 posts.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:14:51 PM
Originally Posted by: Jagger 

Anyone also notice one time you may have for example 2,225 posts and the next time it maybe 1,221 posts.

Who cares? What differance does it make? How does this pertain to the topic?\
squirrel
Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:37:21 PM

The post counts were only reset one time. That was when the site was migrated. Anything else on them after that has been run by the forum software (where it adds posts) -- the forum code does not know how to subtract posts from the count, even if we delete a topic.
Benjibear
Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:56:22 PM
To me it seams like less people contributing items that interest me. When I first joined I was more interested in this. I was taking tons of pictures but last year I only took a few. I am also back into trains more then I was a few years ago.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:05:11 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

The post counts were only reset one time. That was when the site was migrated. Anything else on them after that has been run by the forum software (where it adds posts) -- the forum code does not know how to subtract posts from the count, even if we delete a topic.

Thanks for the info!
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:06:34 PM
Originally Posted by: rhino 

Who cares? What differance does it make? How does this pertain to the topic?\

Rhino relax man! Just wondered Geeeezzzz
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:06:10 PM

Rhino relax man! Just wondered Geeeezzzz

I am relaxed, but thanks for making my point .
chief
Monday, November 14, 2011 9:27:31 AM
The site needsto go back to all out bashing of peopleand rumors even if not true. LOL
OK ill start I heard the owners of royal west and inland empiresre splitting up. Lets get it started!!!!

"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"