Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:15:53 PM
Added Louisiana State Fair pictures. Rides and Food/Games sets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danmar117/sets/ 
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:22:30 PM
Not sure whose Chance Giant that was. It never turned yesterday while we were there. They were working on the rim drives.
skywheel88
Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:33:29 PM
Great set of shots Dan, midway looks great this year! Was gonna ask about that wheel, guess we'll find out about it from somebody on here. Thanks for taking the time and effort for us Dan!
Kenny.

dccradio
Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:37:11 PM
Great set of picture Dan. Looks like a nice midway.
Mark H
jimb
  •  jimb
  • 52.34% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Friday, November 4, 2011 12:37:14 AM
Believe the Giant Wheel is a joint venture between Crabtree and Lowery. Wheel was supposed too have come from the West Coast.
Skywheelrider
Friday, November 4, 2011 1:26:11 AM
Originally Posted by: jimb 

Believe the Giant Wheel is a joint venture between Crabtree and Lowery. Wheel was supposed too have come from the West Coast.

I asked the same question of Steve Hinz over on Facebook, and this is the answer he gave me at the time (last April)....

....it belongs to Tony Guadagno of Carnival Midway Attractions, of So. California. It was originaly B & B's of Yuma, Az. This Chance Giant Wheel is a 1993.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, November 4, 2011 1:30:04 AM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

I asked the same question of Steve Hinz over on Facebook, and this is the answer he gave me at the time (last April)....

....it belongs to Tony Guadagno of Carnival Midway Attractions, of So. California. It was originaly B & B's of Yuma, Az. This Chance Giant Wheel is a 1993.

read the short article on the home page here at mcw about the joint ownership
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, November 4, 2011 3:52:28 AM
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Friday, November 4, 2011 8:50:11 AM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

It did have "Carnival Midway" stickers on the towers but in a very small print. Nice looking wheel, and they had sod layed in front of the ride! Nice look.

http://www.flickr.com/ph...in/set-72157627923271345 

Interesting that Lowery and Crabtree are partnering on the wheel. Hopefully MCW will get more information on the partnership. I can't imagine Lowery's route supporting a Giant Wheel.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, November 4, 2011 9:04:06 AM
Good Pics Dan. Looks like Caspers and Miller isn't there this year.

Their Office top looks like it's one good gust of wind away from a blow down
LB Shows Mini Midway
Friday, November 4, 2011 9:28:06 AM
John240
Friday, November 4, 2011 7:09:20 PM
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Friday, November 4, 2011 8:11:46 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Good Pics Dan. Looks like Caspers and Miller isn't there this year.

Their Office top looks like it's one good gust of wind away from a blow down

I couldn't tell if Freddy had pieces in there or not. I thought maybe the Thunderbolt and one of the drop towers could have been Miller's. I haven't seen the show in several years so I wasn't sure. Saw some of their colors on canvas.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Saturday, November 5, 2011 11:31:16 PM
wow nice pics
BeauceCarnavalMan