circusguy
Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:46:39 PM
I was at Jim Fredrickson's shop today and they have the first Mulligan Wheel about 1/3 complete.
For those of you that are unaware, Fredrickson and Kenny Mulligan are now building the wheels, in Fredricks shop.
geewizz66
Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:20:11 PM
Are they planning on a single trailer gondola wheel? With Fredrickson involved, is the trailer going to be built out of aluminum? Any photos?

Geewizz66
circusguy
Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:28:21 PM
No photos yet. The trailer is NOT aluminum. Whats happening here is Fredrickson is furnishing his shop and his help and Kenny Mulligan is building the wheel. It is the same as the three he built, in the past two years, with his brother Bill, at Bill's shop in Gibsonton.
DanTheBooker
Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:54:09 AM
So this wheel is identical to Gary Hughes and Willy Purdy's wheels,right?
circusguy
Sunday, October 30, 2011 8:20:18 AM
SideWinder
Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:30:44 PM
Besides a one trailer wheel what else will be different on the new one as opposed to the original??
circusguy
Tuesday, November 1, 2011 6:55:03 PM
Not much will be different. There are 16 tubs and it will POSITIVELY have an LED light package.
I'll go in a couple of days and give an update.
I think it would be nice to have pictures, but, I am not versed in that phase of computer technology, sorry.
DanTheBooker
Tuesday, November 1, 2011 11:01:59 PM

Found some pictures of Willy Purdy's wheel. He took delivery in April. UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Link to a couple videos:

Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:32:11 AM
Jim when I was down for the trade show in Feb, they were building a wheel then. Is the the same wheel? If so thats a long time to build one ride.
circusguy
Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:13:22 PM
Scott--Kenny Mulligan and his brother Bill built three wheels, in Bill Mulligan's shop( this is the shop which their father, Clyde built the first Mulligan Wheels and the Sea-Ray) over the past two years. You undoutabley saw one of these three wheels.
The latest Wheels are being built at Fredrikson's shop, on St. Paul st. in Tampa, under a joint venture between Jim Fredrikson and Kenny Mulligan. Bill Mulligan has nothing to do with the building of the latest wheels.
As I understand there are going to be three wheels built. As I mentioned before, don't know who the new owners of #2 and #3 are. The first one is going to Jimmy Otterbacher.
circusguy
Friday, November 4, 2011 3:37:21 PM
Just came from Fredricksons shop. Things are rolling along good. The trailer for the 1st Wheel is about 75% complete. The sweeps and the seat hangers are done and I counted 24 seat frames done. Which suggests the frames for the first wheel are done and work is progressing on the #2 Wheels seat frames. Most, but not all, of the fiberglass are done. The towers are done, but not mounted, same with the axle.
Of course, none of the above mentioned are primed or painted.
Their are brochures of the new wheel in the office for the asking.
Now for the ansewer to the question most of you want to know.
Price: With LED LIGHTING $425,000.00 Aluminum trailer wheels can be added for an addtional cost.

All for now. I am off to the club for the first meeting of this fall season.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, November 4, 2011 8:15:38 PM
Looks good to me. I like shape of the tubs, but I personally would go with color on the towers and white tubs with graphics. Just personal preferences. Wheel looks great!