Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
cloudeleven
Sunday, October 16, 2011 5:10:54 PM
Originally Posted by: Dan L. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danmar117/sets/

Nice pics, thanks! What day did you take these?

I was reading a news article that said the new rides this year were Rocken Out, Nemo, and Castle Pillow. I know Rocken Out is a Wisdom Aladdin. What's Nemo and Castle Pillow?
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:23:25 PM
Originally Posted by: cloudeleven 

Nice pics, thanks! What day did you take these?

I was reading a news article that said the new rides this year were Rocken Out, Nemo, and Castle Pillow. I know Rocken Out is a Wisdom Aladdin. What's Nemo and Castle Pillow?

Nemo = Rhino fish ride painted like nemos 🤡

Pillow, didn't see a pillow... saw alot of heads that look like they wanted one though LOL
skywheel88
Monday, October 17, 2011 1:40:00 PM
Great pics as always Dan! Love the aerial shots!
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Monday, October 17, 2011 4:24:13 PM
Great photos as usual Dan. I still really like the colors on that Larson Fireball.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, October 17, 2011 6:14:02 PM
Very Nice. Love the fireball colors too! I bet the midway looks awesome at night. Thanks!
RodB
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 17, 2011 11:23:14 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Nemo = Rhino fish ride painted like nemos 🤡

Pillow, didn't see a pillow... saw alot of heads that look like they wanted one though LOL

LOL...Rhino fish.....accually , that Bulgy is the only one i know that travels with the marquee and top. Used to be the Orcas. Got a pic of it on my B.T.W. SITE, link is in my sig. Anyone have a good pics of the new paint, id love to see it.
sausageseller
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:18:40 AM
Nice pics Dan!

Thanks for some food pics too.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:00:29 AM
Great pictures! Like the layout
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:44:44 PM
The layout is tough here in Little Rock. The lot s**ks to be honest. There is not a flat spot anywhere on the entire lot, and the traffic flows don't work. The fairgrounds are in a really bad area and not easy to get to. Traffic can really back up trying to get into the fairgrounds on weekends. The Fair Board is still debating whether they are going to move to a new area, or stay at the current location. Hopefully they will decide to move.

As for the midway, I am not a fan. This is supposed to be a State Fair midway, but looks more like a district Fair to me. We used to have Royal American, and then Conklin! My vote would be to move the date up, and then try to sign Wade. It makes sense as they are moving out of Oklahoma. I don't have a problem with Deggeller, they have a beautiful show, however they are an east coast show and due to rising fuel costs they have been cutting back on the number of pieces they bring to Little Rock. Everything seems to be booked in, and we haven't had a coaster in years.
WadeMastro7184
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:38:33 PM

The layout is tough here in Little Rock. The lot s**ks to be honest. There is not a flat spot anywhere on the entire lot, and the traffic flows don't work. The fairgrounds are in a really bad area and not easy to get to. Traffic can really back up trying to get into the fairgrounds on weekends. The Fair Board is still debating whether they are going to move to a new area, or stay at the current location. Hopefully they will decide to move.

As for the midway, I am not a fan. This is supposed to be a State Fair midway, but looks more like a district Fair to me. We used to have Royal American, and then Conklin! My vote would be to move the date up, and then try to sign Wade. It makes sense as they are moving out of Oklahoma. I don't have a problem with Deggeller, they have a beautiful show, however they are an east coast show and due to rising fuel costs they have been cutting back on the number of pieces they bring to Little Rock. Everything seems to be booked in, and we haven't had a coaster in years.

I agree, wade has expanded alot to over the last few years, here in michigan in the later part of the season we used to have unit#1, this year we had unit#3, but thats not a bad thing as unit #3 has been getting larger all the time and some of those spots here in michigan had more major/thrill rides this year with unit#3 then they did last year with unit#1 and you would think that unit#1 would be larger but frank z keeps buying more equipment and other then the fighter or a coaster it seems like everytime he buys something it has landed on unit#3 not unit#1 or #2. Now the reason I mention those more then unit 2 is because I could see 1&3 jumping from oklahoma in to lil rock, but also keep in mind unit 2 is in tennessee right before so unit 2 could easily show up as well with unit 1 & some of unit 3 while the rest of 3 does another smaller spot on its own. That all depends on how they configure the rest of the route and who gets what, which with frank could change every year even with all the spots being the same. no spots in michigan changed during the later half of its route, but instead of keeping unit 1 in michigan like usual and sending unit 3 to missouri, they played both with opp units this year. Right now I like unit3 the best, then unit 1 then unit 2. in that order cause of the rides.
cloudeleven
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:44:29 PM

I love Deggeller's Nemesis 360 (KMG Inversion) though. I don't think Wade has one. Or if that doesn't belong to Deggeller, who brings it to the Arkansas State Fair?

Other than my love for Deggeller's Nemesis 360 though, I say bring on Wade or RCS or Reithoffer. [awe] RCS goes as far east as Houston, maybe they could go a bit farther east to Little Rock. They're my favorite show.

When did Royal American and Conklin do the Arkansas State Fair?
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:09:43 PM
Originally Posted by: cloudeleven 

I love Deggeller's Nemesis 360 (KMG Inversion) though. I don't think Wade has one. Or if that doesn't belong to Deggeller, who brings it to the Arkansas State Fair?

Other than my love for Deggeller's Nemesis 360 though, I say bring on Wade or RCS or Reithoffer. [awe] RCS goes as far east as Houston, maybe they could go a bit farther east to Little Rock. They're my favorite show.

When did Royal American and Conklin do the Arkansas State Fair?

The Nemesis 360 belongs to the Caspers. PBJ Happee Days Shows from Marion Arkansas. They have the Loop and Giant Wheel. Not sure what else they have here.
cloudeleven
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:15:23 PM

The Nemesis 360 belongs to the Caspers. PBJ Happee Days Shows from Marion Arkansas. They have the Loop and Giant Wheel. Not sure what else they have here.

Thanks for the info. Do you know when Royal American and Conklin did the Ark State Fair? I thought Deggeller did it since the early 90s.