bigdaves
  •  bigdaves
  • 53.64% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:20:45 AM
The Seattle Wheel hasn't been seen since May of 2011. Is it parked for good, and, if so, why??? I totally understand that there was an accident involved, however, fines have been levied and paid. It was determined that it was operator error not errors caused by the mechanics of the wheel. This is a showcase piece of equipment to not be used again. Is it for sale? Is it temporarily on vacation? I've always understood the foreman for this ride made a huge salary to move it, is he still with the show and in what capacity?
DL
Skywheelrider
Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:35:58 AM
From what I understand there was a lot of damage to it from the accident.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Flying Coaster
Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:06:39 PM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

From what I understand there was a lot of damage to it from the accident.

Yes, from the pics I saw, there were a couple of bent yokes, and maybe a bent spoke beam. It won't be an easy fix being a one off ride, it's not like you can call the factory and get parts...
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Ryan Russell
Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:35:34 PM
It will be out next season from what I heard. They are having new yokes made that were damaged.
Flying Coaster
Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:12:32 PM
Originally Posted by: Ryan Russell 

It will be out next season from what I heard. They are having new yokes made that were damaged.

That's good news.

All Skywheels should be yeller.
bigdaves
  •  bigdaves
  • 53.64% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:49:34 PM
This is all I needed to know. Tks for the info!
DL
Rockowheel
Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:14:22 PM
Yeah very good news. Just a shame it happened.