wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:45:14 AM
the Strates train should be moving south from NY to Danville VA, I would love to catch it and see the new coaches they added. Does anyone know if it is moving yet, and about where it is.

Their website says they open in VA on the 16th
SideWinder
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:34:39 PM
I think that locator may be wrong, my friend is the road foreman for CSX, I will ask him to be sure, but I dont think it would go to Buffalo from Syracuse heading to southern Virginia. I could be wrong though, stranger things do happen.

it probably has not updated since prior to Hamburg

Jzrider0720
Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:51:09 PM
I looked at it yesterday and it showed that the train was behind the state fairgrounds. it heads back to buffalo and then south so i have been told.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.96% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:56:41 PM
They typically take CSX to Buffalo and then switch over to NS to go to Virginia. So, being in Buffalo tonight is normal. They usually leave Syracuse Thursday and arrive in Virginia Saturday.
Mst458
Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:02:54 PM
Maybe its because of all the major flooding south of syracuse...binghamton, scranton, harrisburg, etc.?
Mst458
Thursday, September 8, 2011 9:19:39 PM
I didnt realize it was normal for them to go to buffalo. I didnt notice your reply before I posted my first reply.
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, September 9, 2011 10:10:12 AM
just looked this morning, the locator showed it in Youngstown OH, now Im really confused, maybe it's all flood related
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, September 9, 2011 7:12:00 PM
Should go around the Horseshoe Curve around 7:30 PM tonight
SideWinder
Friday, September 9, 2011 7:29:47 PM
Folks, this is the way the train goes from Syracuse to Danville EVERY YEAR.... this has NOTHING to do with the floods or anything else....normal route for Strates....
BeauceCarnavalMan
Friday, September 9, 2011 8:29:43 PM
Originally Posted by: Mst458 

Maybe its because of all the major flooding south of syracuse...binghamton, scranton, harrisburg, etc.?

NO like people said its cause that is the closest point where CSX and NS interchange traffic
BeauceCarnavalMan
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.96% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, September 9, 2011 9:02:10 PM
Train's near Altoona,Pa at 9PM Friday night.

You can follow it at:
http://www.strates.com/j...in-gps-locator-page.html 
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, September 10, 2011 3:51:18 PM
I had to wait almost 3 hours to see it because the train was delayed in Hagerstown, but I did catch it near the Antietam station in Sharpsburg, Maryland.

I will try and embed the video link, this is the first video I ever shot with my camera phone, so be nice.

hope you enjoy, and the newly aquired coaches are included:

You Tube video link of Strates Train 
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, September 10, 2011 5:11:11 PM
WVSCOTT: for your first time great shot of the train.... i don't come over here much but just browsing... the new cars look good ! thanks for posting

it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
SideWinder
Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:06:19 PM
DIRECT LINK RIGHT TO YOUTUBE THANKS FOR POSTING SCOTT: