mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 55.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, September 5, 2011 4:53:32 PM
Folks:

Has anyone seen the Rock O Plane that is fitted with new modern open tubs?

Go to this link on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tony+north%27s+rock+o+plane&aq=f

It turn on old ride into a new moder ride.

Mike
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, September 5, 2011 9:37:21 PM
jimb
  •  jimb
  • 52.34% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:18:36 PM
I like the open seats but the cost would run about 75k for new seats would it be worth it?
squirrel
Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:19:40 AM
Originally Posted by: jimb 

I like the open seats but the cost would run about 75k for new seats would it be worth it?

Additionally, to get it to pass inspection in several states, you'd have to have fresh engineering work on the ride because of the design change from OEM.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 7, 2011 1:27:54 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

Additionally, to get it to pass inspection in several states, you'd have to have fresh engineering work on the ride because of the design change from OEM.

Maybe Eric Bates can redo them like they did the Inverters for $200,000. Just got to figure out how to make them breakdown more often...lol
skywheel88
Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:50:39 PM
I've seen pics of these type seats on Rock o Planes in Britain from as early as the 1990's.
Kenny.

cloudeleven
Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:06:39 PM
It looks like you don't have much control over how your seat flips though. The best thing about the Rock O Plane to me was the ring-bar that let you control how much your seat flipped. An expert rider could keep their tub upside down the entire ride!

On a side note, why have Rock O Planes disappeared from fairs/carnivals? I haven't seen one in at least 10 years. This was one of my favorite rides from childhood, and the first "upside down" ride I ever rode.
indianacarnie
Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:18:13 PM
We move one every week.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Friday, September 23, 2011 5:17:20 PM
it almost looks like old chaos tubs.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson