EvolutionRider88
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:09:29 AM
I was searching on Google Maps and I found Davis Enterprises' winter quarters. I saw it in satellite mode and I counted two racked Sky Wheels, two Sky Divers, three Zippers one of them being an original, two Zyklon coasters - one is assembled and the other is in pieces.

Davis Enterprises WQ - Satellite Image 
The Evolution is now...Evilution! Ride If You Dare!
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:18:18 AM
Light green Chance Giant Wheel too.
mikecroaro
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:30:49 AM
Skywheel, Zyklon Coaster, and a year or so ago a Bayern Curve.

Why don't we see any of these rides at the CA Mid State Fair?

Does the show only use them at the LA street and church fairs?

Mike

Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:43:05 AM
damn, good find there
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:47:28 AM
Two Toboggans.

At least three tilts.

Looks like a history of carnival rides.

The Chance Giant Wheel looks like they were in the process of painting it as some of the towers are green, some white.

Very cool.
EvolutionRider88
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:58:44 AM
If you look carefully, you can find an original Zipper and there were no tubs on her so I'm guessing she's being refurbished. I saw another Zipper parked inside their shed.
squirrel
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:00:32 AM
Four Zippers (one stripped, one in the barn) - two Skydivers, what looks like a tub load trailer from a Flying Bobs - there's a Go-Gator there -- a Sizzler, 3 Hampton/San Antone kid rides...

Wonder if that old hydraulic Zipper is still there -- problem with satellite images is they're 'dated' and not usually current... I might have a buyer for the old Zipper frame if it was for sale (depending on what parts were still with it)...
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:48:33 AM
One has to wonder, what other treasures are sitting in the garage. I've driven down this street (Sierra) many times, and you would never know it's there. Actually there's a few WQ's around Rialto and Fontana. Nice find.

Have you ever checked RCS's WQ? Nice yard.
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:20:38 AM
Helm & Sons WQ. Colton, CA

http://maps.google.com/m....580078&t=h&z=18 

It appears as if there's two different shows because of the fence lines. But I think it's all one.
Musher
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:38:09 PM
Chuck, I found the RCS's WQ yard, WOW! very nice and clean set up and things parked right.
EvolutionRider88
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:50:31 PM
Originally Posted by: chuck 

One has to wonder, what other treasures are sitting in the garage. I've driven down this street (Sierra) many times, and you would never know it's there. Actually there's a few WQ's around Rialto and Fontana. Nice find.

Shamrock Shows has their WQ in Fontana as well. I've driven past Helm's many times. Maybe if I go back to Colton this Christmas I can get some photos to share with everyone. Everytime I drive by there I always see they have their Giant Wheel up.

I'll be going to the Ramona Country Fair as well and Christiansen's WQ is also near the fair so I might catch a couple of shots there too.

daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:40:09 PM
you know what i fined intresting in al the photos rcs is the only one who covers their rides lol
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:31:58 PM
Originally Posted by: daniel 

you know what i fined intresting in al the photos rcs is the only one who covers their rides lol

Making good use of old tent tops.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:10:58 PM
Originally Posted by: Musher 

Chuck, I found the RCS's WQ yard, WOW! very nice and clean set up and things parked right.

The satellite image Google has now is much better than the previous one. The old photo looked like it was shot during the winter. Not very clear. If you zoom out, you can see an empty yard. Then zoom closer the yard is full. That's pretty cool.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:50:35 PM
ive all ways liked rcs they seem very organized.I mean look at their lots.Their organized and all set up neat its interesting to see that their wq is the same.You see the trucks also have parking space lines on the whole lot.I also forgot that they did get new tarps and those are the old.what i was use to when i saw them and helped them out.....Still love rcs but wades and powers stole my love.