orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, November 21, 2003 2:58:33 AM
What's anyone know about this? I can't find a big photo on the web page. It looks kinda like a revolving disk on a larger Rockin Tug track.
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Friday, November 21, 2003 2:59:15 AM
Found one...that looks like a heck of a lot of fun. Hope they have it at Gibtown. Zamperla always lets ya ride down there.
JOHN C
Friday, November 21, 2003 3:03:20 AM
the rockin tub is a fun lil ride to be a kiddie ride...rode this at the state fair with my daughter several times
once you go carnie you never go back

UserPostedImage
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Friday, November 21, 2003 3:47:59 AM
This looks like the adult version. It looks like it would be fairly easy to move...easy up and down. Not a lot to it. In fact, it appears to be one of the more simple pieces Zamperla has produced. I hope we get a good look at it at the trade show. Anyone know if it is on display at IAAPA?

I figure this might sell pretty well since the TUG has done so well. I can see a lot of smaller shows with one of these because it doesn't look to be that "big". Dunno bout the cost. Anyone know?
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Friday, November 21, 2003 3:52:40 AM
Downloaded the video. WOW. This is a very pretty, well lit ride. The night shots are beautiful. Looks fun...but a bit SLOW. It's just an overgrown Rockin Tug with seats facing outward.
snowman
Friday, November 21, 2003 3:59:19 AM
yes there is a disco here at IAAPA its looks realy cool they were riding it yesterday
JOHN C
Friday, November 21, 2003 6:03:53 AM
snowman,
anything else set up new this year there???
once you go carnie you never go back

UserPostedImage
snowman
Friday, November 21, 2003 5:33:59 PM
yes Fabri had a new ride there kinda like a crazydance but the platform spun real fast and goes up on edge opposit a large counterweight and boom also sellners new tilt cars look like waltzer cars
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Saturday, November 22, 2003 6:29:08 AM
So snowman, THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN on the new tilt cars?
jay
  •  jay
  • 50.66% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Saturday, November 22, 2003 7:05:41 AM
Hay I just got home from IAAPA and saw all that stuff.The tilt cars are nice, but thay should have done more.The open top on it is great but thay should have added a slip ring on the bull plate for lights on the car.The Disco is an interesting ride.Im not sure if it will be a success or not.It seems to be very expencive for what it is.
http://jessopamuse.com 
How you make a small fortune in the carnival bussiness.
Start with a large one!
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Saturday, November 22, 2003 8:29:04 AM
Whats the price tag on the DISCO?
Cstephens
Saturday, November 22, 2003 9:49:41 AM
i'm glad that zamperla brought their disk'o to iappa in florida this year, i think fiesta shows in new hampshire will buy it very soon, when that happens, i'm sure zamperla will recive a ton of orders for this ride next year, one more thing, is that discovery with the giant frisbee type disc there, just curious, cause i'm sure a few parks woul'nt mind buying it cause it looks cheeper and easier to maintain than the huss and mondial versions, i wonder if zamperla could add that disc on nitro and make that piece a trailer model, i'm sure a lot of shows would like that. just a thought.
BSA Mike
Sunday, November 23, 2003 6:49:16 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bryan

Whats the price tag on the DISCO?

495,000....hmmm freak out ...or disko?...i'd take the freak out...

disko gives a boring ride, didnt like it to much,

thumbs up on the tilt cars..although i wouldnt buy em

eclipse is the ride snowman talked about ...

all and all the show was cool...and the last night me,matt,ryan and scott all went out and had a good ole time in orlando.....

Cstephens
Sunday, November 23, 2003 10:51:03 AM
there is a fabbri eclipse (contact) at iappa right now, i think it's mcdonagh's but mabye he's just showing it off so other people might want to buy it if they are intrested
orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Sunday, November 23, 2003 1:21:24 PM
Why do you think Fiesta will buy one? Do you have information from reliable sources or are you just guessing/hoping??

As for Freak Out vs. Disco....yep...I'd agree SDS...I'd take a Freak Out over the Disco if for no other reason the fact that it's a HIGH ride.