Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, November 20, 2003 6:35:32 AM
I have long wanted to model this dark ride since it was Witchs' Castle or whatever it was but have never had good pictures before. Used Rides.com has 2 pretty good ones. Does anybody know the approximate dimensions of this massive ride? I know its 2 stories & 2 trailers, but are they end to end or "L" shaped like the Jungle Fun Fun House...Also any history on the ride would be interesting.Thanks![:D]
My albums are all on Facebook!
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, November 20, 2003 9:32:28 AM
Hey Greg,

Well first of all the Ghost Mansion and the Witches Castle were different rides. I have a few pretty good pics of it from the back too. If you would like to give me your email I will send them to you. as for how they go, the trailers go end to end, although one is 8' behind the other. I can send you a diagram if you would like. The trailers are 40' each and has a 20' tunnel at the end of the back trailer. The Ghost Mansion that Steve Truax has was originally built by the Zacchini family in 1977, and was operated by Chino Zacchini. Steve Truax bought it a few years ago and has been traveling with Conklin Shows.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
bouncemankev
Thursday, November 20, 2003 10:44:28 AM
I have a pic (not very good quality) of the Ghost Mansion being set up....
http://community.webshot.../69397064/69397276ilcwQU 
I think that's the only one I have.
ECZenith
Thursday, November 20, 2003 11:42:07 AM
I haved a pretty good shot of almost the entire front of the building. I'll scan it tonight, just e-mail me and I'll respond with the photo attached.

ECZenith@aol.com
"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
bladerunner
Thursday, November 20, 2003 11:51:49 AM
if i remember correctly, the witches castle used to be themed as devils castle. it was airbrushed, it had a giant dragon on the right side.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jimmy D

Hey Greg,

Well first of all the Ghost Mansion and the Witches Castle were different rides. I have a few pretty good pics of it from the back too. If you would like to give me your email I will send them to you. as for how they go, the trailers go end to end, although one is 8' behind the other. I can send you a diagram if you would like. The trailers are 40' each and has a 20' tunnel at the end of the back trailer. The Ghost Mansion that Steve Truax has was originally built by the Zacchini family in 1977, and was operated by Chino Zacchini. Steve Truax bought it a few years ago and has been traveling with Conklin Shows.

Jimmy D

archived04
Thursday, November 20, 2003 12:59:04 PM
i beleive the witch's castle now travels with World's Finest Shows..did it have orange cars? and a had a moving witch with a broom?? if so..it's now re-themed as the "Castle Dread"
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, November 20, 2003 2:44:55 PM
Bladerunner,

I am not sure about the paint job, the only pics I have of it were from the early 70's, but I did get to see part of it in an old issue of Carousel, from like 1992 when it was in Atlanta. If you happen to have pics of it, or anyone else on here does, I would love to see them.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Matthew
Thursday, November 20, 2003 3:36:55 PM
Witch's Castle looked almost similar to Ghost Mansion since it too was, I think, yellow. There would be someone dressed in a costume and chase after the cars exiting the ride. Ghost Mansion has the large witch in front of it.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by wfs_d00d

i beleive the witch's castle now travels with World's Finest Shows..did it have orange cars? and a had a moving witch with a broom?? if so..it's now re-themed as the "Castle Dread"

bladerunner
Friday, November 21, 2003 3:46:54 AM
i do have pics, i'll try to up load some on my webshots acct.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jimmy D

Bladerunner,

I am not sure about the paint job, the only pics I have of it were from the early 70's, but I did get to see part of it in an old issue of Carousel, from like 1992 when it was in Atlanta. If you happen to have pics of it, or anyone else on here does, I would love to see them.

Jimmy D

Ross
  •  Ross
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Friday, November 21, 2003 5:37:58 PM
lol, the only thing scary about that Dark Ride, was/is the condition! [:p]

Quote:

quote:

'DO YOU WANNA GO F-A-S-T-E-R?'
archived04
Friday, November 21, 2003 6:25:39 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ross

lol, the only thing scary about that Dark Ride, was/is the condition! [:p]

Quote:

quote:

yeah it's the only ride on the superex lot that doesn't look like it should be there
Matthew
Saturday, November 22, 2003 1:09:33 AM
Maybe it should return to the CNE to be with the Ghost Mansion [:p]. Both are classics.

Quote:

quote:

yeah it's the only ride on the superex lot that doesn't look like it should be there