Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 8:17:52 AM
I'm looking for a new show for next season & they seem to play a lot around my home state(AL). Does anyone know anything about their operation?
My albums are all on Facebook!
orphaned
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 8:22:29 AM
Well, for years they hung out ONLY in Georgia. They bought the former United Shows of America route, with some help from Blomsness/Thebault.

I saw their show this year, for the first time. I only saw them at a smaller fair, they had about 15 pieces there...and I'd give them a 5 out of 10. They had a Gravitron, Eli Wheel (beautiful), Cobra, Ring of Fire, Scrambler, Scooter...and also have a Zipper, Trabant and other pieces.
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 6:18:06 PM
I heard they also had a Hurricane, Zipper, & Orbiter. I am interested in finding out more about them. I haven't found any pictures anywhere...[V]
My albums are all on Facebook!
orphaned
Thursday, November 20, 2003 3:23:21 AM
They do have a Hurricane and Zipper...not sure about an Orbiter unless they just got it. Someone from this board knows all about them, but I can't remember who it is. JohnC also has pretty good knowledge of them.
JOHN C
Thursday, November 20, 2003 3:59:50 AM
geren has far as i know doesnt own a orbitor....unless they got it later in the season...last time i saw them was the middle od august
once you go carnie you never go back

UserPostedImage
JOHN C
Thursday, November 20, 2003 4:12:15 AM
complete list as of august 2003

carousel
eli wheel
hurricane
trabant
wisdom himalaya (was united's)
ring of fire (was drew's)
zipper
raider's type ride
cobra
loop o plane
scrambler
zamperla convoy
bulgy the whale type ride called "fishy jumper"
gravitron
several other kiddies

hope this helps

UserPostedImage
Kamikaze
Thursday, November 20, 2003 11:07:51 AM
They got a Mega Drop this year. I saw them two months ago here in MS.
orphaned
Thursday, November 20, 2003 2:23:40 PM
I believe the Mega Drop was a book on piece.
JOHN C
Thursday, November 20, 2003 5:40:38 PM
hmmmm...not sure on this one guys....glen told me he was maybe looking at getting a drop tower in the future...not sure if this one was his or like bryan said a booked on....i do know that either all star or astro was goona help him at a few of his spots and ms was one of them

UserPostedImage
orphaned
Friday, November 21, 2003 2:54:35 AM
I'm almost certain I read in AB a few weeks back that it was booked on by Astro/All Star. Ryan, Matt, any of you guys up there have the answer?
JOHN C
Friday, November 21, 2003 5:39:36 AM
i really look to see growth spurt with this show over the next couple years...wouldnt surprise me if he didn't already purchase a drop tower

UserPostedImage
orphaned
Friday, November 21, 2003 7:49:30 AM
He did lose Tupelo for next year. MBE put in a better bid and basically promised the world...advertising...yadda yadda. Geren isn't at the point yet to get in a bid war with a big show. I also hear he may lose another date or two next year as some fairs involved in the United auction weren't real happy with him.
J-bird
Friday, November 21, 2003 4:52:26 PM
Greg,

Geren Rides is based here in my hometown, Valdosta, GA. They have been here forever, and yes they used to only play dates in Georgia. The show used to open and close the season here, however, with the advent of Wild Adventures, the local theme park, they no longer do that. Its been two years since I've been to their midway an dsince then they have experienced a continual growth spurt and of course the expanded route. They have always been a clean, family oriented midway and bring to town some of the old classic rides we all know and love like the Scrambler and probably one of the few and certainly the most attractive Trabants on the road.
Thre have been a couple of articles in AB and Carnival this year....maybe I could send you copies of the articles if you'd like; just send me a PM.
archived14
Saturday, November 22, 2003 1:41:33 AM
J-bird,or anyone with the know-does Geren have a website or can you PM me with some contact info? The Lions Club chapter I belong to is looking for a small show for @April and we'd like to talk with them or Kissel since both are VERY close to us in Albany Ga.
orphaned
Saturday, November 22, 2003 6:27:56 AM
Kissel would probably be interested in talking to you since they stay down in Georgia area until around end of April/first of May. They often change their spring dates around. Call them at 229-890-2232...talk to Mary Kissel or Fred Kissel or Russ Kissel...BE sure to tell them that Bryan from Taylor County Fair sent you and they'll talk with ya seriously.