Skywheelrider
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:54:33 AM
Three albums, since albums are limited to 200 photos each (unlimited number of albums though). Mostly night shots, I never made it to the fair during the afternoon. Maybe next time. LOL

I have to say one ride that really impressed me was Michael Wood's Fabbri Daytona, what a fantastic looking ride for a kiddie ride. Big, but not oversized, the cars look great, nice backwall, very, very nice. I'm not sure that advertising beer on the cars of a ride geared for kids is the best idea though, but that's just my opinion, just seems strange to me. Other than that the ride looks great.

And of the numerous Himalaya's, the one that stood out was Reithoffer's Super Himalaya--beautiful, lot's of LED's, great sound system, siren, mic man, just great. Wade's Hitin' 2000 looked awesom as usual, but just did not compare beyond that, though it did have a good sound system on it.

The Techno Power with the Euro-style graphics, and the multi-color LED's, wow, looked great. The sound system left something to be desired though, IMHO.

Of course the Sky Wheel looked good on the midway.

And Arnold's Tilt-A-Whirl, first time I have seen it since they refurbished it, and wow, does it stand out, looks factory new even after being on the road all last season.

Lot's of great looking rides at the FSF, too many more to single out. There was a hole on the midway, no Space Roller, I assume that's where it was supposed to go, they tried to fill it in with a couple of joints, but it just did not look right.

Lots of great looking food wagons as well, good food abounded, too. The tamales from the 'Latino' (yes that's what it said) food wagon on the aisle behind the Giant Slide were the best I have ever had. Too many choices. No, I did not try the 'ice cream burger.' It did not look appetizing at all! LOL

Anyways, here are links to all three albums, photos of rides, joints, food wagons, Motordrome, and anything else that looked interesting.

2011 Florida State Fair Photos Album One 

2011 Florida State Fair Photos Album Two 

2011 Florida State Fair Photos Album Three 
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
trucknut751
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:41:22 PM
another link that dos,nt work i,m a member face book i don,t know what i,m doing wrong.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:24:25 PM
It is rude to force someone to be facebook friends to view their images. Very juvenile .

It is not like precious pro work is presented. What is next, pay per view.
UserPostedImage
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:43:50 PM
Originally Posted by: Pinetar 

It is rude to force someone to be facebook friends to view their images. Very juvenile .

I don't know if I feel like it's rude, but I definitely feel like it's pretty damn paranoid. Who gives a damn if someone else uses and/or views your pics? I don't understand why a picture of something taken in public is such a private matter.

Maybe you should consider a job at TMZ, then you could get your pay for your hard work...

For the record, that last part was a joke and should be taken as such...
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:44:27 PM
Originally Posted by: Pinetar 

You would know all about being rude, wouldn't you. Like Nick said, you're just *ed off that no one used your album here for photos. Go rehash some more of your same old photos. You can't be bothered to take your own and share them, you just demand to see other folks' photos, and then criticize them when they are not to your liking. Go hijack someone else's topic.

I keep the photos available to friends only on Facebook mainly to keep trolls away. Piney is blocked, he will never get approved. Facebook also allows 200 photos per album, and unlimited albums, all for free, nice. Anyone wants to friend request me, I use my real name. Go for it. if not, your choice. I post the links here because there are folks that know me and I them here at MCW, but we have not come across each other at Facebook yet.

For the record, I have over 10,000 photos uploaded to Facebook-carnivals, fairs, models, miscellaneous. Over 3/4 are carnival photos.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
trucknut751
Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:51:42 PM
thank,s chris the link works find thank you mark[:d]
Skywheelrider
Friday, February 18, 2011 12:05:12 AM
Originally Posted by: trucknut751 

thank,s chris the link works find thank you mark[:d]

You're welcome. Getting some friend requests, working out just fine. Those that don't want to go ahead, whatever, your choice, I don't care either way. Plenty of folks are viewing the photos and commenting at FB.

flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, February 18, 2011 5:13:15 AM
Just curious, how many of these rides go to Delmar and the TX state Fair?
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
johnroach100
Friday, February 18, 2011 5:47:57 AM
I can't seem to see the pics either. Wait, I was there, so I don't need to see them, never mind.
Skywheelrider
Friday, February 18, 2011 8:12:06 AM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

Just curious, how many of these rides go to Delmar and the TX state Fair?

Well, the Magnum and Techno Power for sure, and I would imagine his Daytona kid ride will, too. To be honest, I think that might be all. Baxter's Wave Swinger used to go to Texas, along with the Space Roller, but not anymore.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:22:43 PM
looks good chris
BeauceCarnavalMan
Thrillseeker
Saturday, February 19, 2011 5:18:50 PM
The midway is usually never good without the Sky Wheel, LOL.
I kinda regret missing out on the FSF this year (because it was too cold and very few people last year), however, a little surprised that there was no Space Roller there. One of my ten fav rides there.

Theee pendulums - Dream Catcher, Fireball, and Freak Out.
I still remember myself getting on Speed one time before...that was the one ride I got scared of.
And maybe they should have replaced that Fury with yours... 10 times better of a Fury than that one I saw.

But in any case, awesome pics, Chris. maybe next time I'll be with you. LOL
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
trucknut751
Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:09:50 PM
the firerworks behined the skywheel are allsome.hope i speeled that wright. the best. a in the album all though i can,t remember which it was.thanks again.

trucknut751
Skywheelrider
Sunday, February 20, 2011 2:16:37 AM
Thanks guys. I was in the right place at the right time to get those fireworks photos. Aaron yeah you missed out, I am sure your "buddy" missed having you chained to his booth at the trade show so he could run around. LOL [donniker]

Yeah no Space Roller, word was there was something wrong with it, mechanically, and that's why Reithoffer's Huss Tornado went in. Which was cool to see anyways!