slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:50:10 AM
I am looking for pics of an eli ferris wheel. i am trying to see what the difference in my wheel and others becuase i can not leave the florecent lights in they hit the sweeps and break.any help with this problem would be nice
EvolutionRider88
Saturday, February 12, 2011 4:39:05 AM
I don't have a pic but I have a timelapse assembly of Christiansen's Hy 5 Eli Wheel.


The Evolution is now...Evilution! Ride If You Dare!
dccradio
Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:28:00 PM
Here are a couple of A&P Shows Eli Hy 5 pictures when the ride was racked. However their wheel has turbo lights instead of fluorescent lights.

A&P Shows Racked Eli Wheel Back View 

A&P Shows Racked Eli Wheel Side View 
Mark H
squirrel
Saturday, February 12, 2011 3:15:43 PM
Donnie Massie (Alpine Amusements) has a Hy-5-II Wheel that is lit with the fluorescent lights. I know they don't have issues with breaking bulbs. You might try contacting him or Pat Gail for information on that. Unfortunately, I don't have phone numbers for either of them but Alpine's website is http://alpineamusements.com  - you might get a phone number from there. Donnie and Pat are good guys and I bet they would help you out.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, February 12, 2011 7:08:53 PM
Originally Posted by: EvolutionRider88 

I don't have a pic but I have a timelapse assembly of Christiansen's Hy 5 Eli Wheel.



PM your email addy and I will send you drawings of how we did it when Sunny was TMing wheels. You can't use factory fixtures with 8' bulbs.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
geewizz66
Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:29:11 PM
Quote:

slick379 I am looking for pics of an eli ferris wheel. i am trying to see what the difference in my wheel and others becuase i can not leave the florecent lights in they hit the sweeps and break.any help with this problem would be nice



What type of Eli Ferris Wheel is it?? If it's one that had been mounted by someone other than Eli Bridge, it will make a HUGE difference in how you fold them up. Wisdom wheels, for instance, are different than that of a Beirbaum wheel. Email me a picture of what you have and I will send you what we have. I have Eli Bridge, Wisdom and Beirbaum wheel photos.......................

sunvalleyrides@aol.com

Geewizz66
slick379
  •  slick379
  • 51.5% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, February 13, 2011 6:15:49 AM
eli t/m was told was sunny mount. they redid spokes and redid lights now the lights slide to the bottom not the top. now when fold up the lights hit the cross bars
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, February 13, 2011 5:11:37 PM
Originally Posted by: slick379 

eli t/m was told was sunny mount. they redid spokes and redid lights now the lights slide to the bottom not the top. now when fold up the lights hit the cross bars



If the lites hit the spreader the top of the star on every other one needs a tab added to the hinge to lift it away from the spreader. From memory it should lift the lite about 3". It goes on the lites facing down. There should also be about an inch between the lites facing up and down.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked