Skywheelrider
Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:37:18 PM
Cummons Rock-O-Plane On Ebay 

Cummons Scrambler On Ebay 

Both look nice, except he says the Scrambler is missing a piece. What I guess I don't get is, he's asking a lot of money for these, and says they are static, as in no motor. I wonder if that means no base, either. Which to mean seems like a lot of money to ask for static models, Cummons or not. Just my thoughts, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, just stumbled upon these and thought I would share the links for those interested.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
carnivalkits
Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:24:46 PM
I asked the seller a question and the answer is the scrambler was built from a kit and does not have a base or motor. I assume the other ride is the same so yes the price does seem a little high. I have not checked but I think the price quoted includes a base and is motorized.
Skywheelrider
Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:32:57 PM
Originally Posted by: carnivalkits 

I asked the seller a question and the answer is the scrambler was built from a kit and does not have a base or motor. I assume the other ride is the same so yes the price does seem a little high. I have not checked but I think the price quoted includes a base and is motorized.

Well, he lists them as static models, no mention of either a base or a motor; if either is included you would think he would say so. If they are, then I think the price is reasonable.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Benjibear
Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:29:00 PM
The same seller has a ghost train which looks like a model tech studios.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
carnivalkits
Thursday, February 3, 2011 7:30:26 PM
Sorry I need to clairify. The price he quoted for what Don charges is what he is comparing his to and Dons does include a base and motor, his listing does not and is just a kit he got from Don and built. Sorry if I did not make my reply clear.
LB Shows Mini Midway
Friday, February 4, 2011 9:55:27 AM
Still be nice to get those. Don't stuff looks great
CONKO316
Friday, February 4, 2011 7:07:27 PM
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

The same seller has a ghost train which looks like a model tech studios.

If that's a legitimate MTS kit, then I'm glad I never bothered to order one. Looks like something I could whip up for about 5 dollars. MTS's other stuff is pretty cool looking but this thing is a joke at the 75 MTS wants, let alone the 149 on ebay here.
UserPostedImage

Justin
AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Saturday, February 5, 2011 2:00:07 PM
That "Ghost Train" model "IS" from MTS. That piece that MTS modeled it after - use to travel on Fiesta Shows here in New England. Actually - the unit still does travel with them - just "repainted/rethemed" over. When James from MTS was building/painting the front - it was all done "free hand" painted - like all of his other units. I'm "not" standing up for them(MTS) - just commenting on some info about thier work. I had purchased thier: Ghost Train, Crazy Bus, and the Speed Pitch - all built buy them, about 6-10 years ago.
LaserTechStudios
Sunday, February 6, 2011 12:25:09 PM
What did Fiesta retheme it with? I haven't seen it around lately. Also speaking of Fiesta do they still have that 2 trailer haunted house? I haven't seen that around for years.

Originally Posted by: AGS 

That "Ghost Train" model "IS" from MTS. That piece that MTS modeled it after - use to travel on Fiesta Shows here in New England. Actually - the unit still does travel with them - just "repainted/rethemed" over. When James from MTS was building/painting the front - it was all done "free hand" painted - like all of his other units. I'm "not" standing up for them(MTS) - just commenting on some info about thier work. I had purchased thier: Ghost Train, Crazy Bus, and the Speed Pitch - all built buy them, about 6-10 years ago.

AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, February 6, 2011 7:30:30 PM
The 2 trailer Haunted House that Fiesta Shows owns, was used last year at Hopkinton, NH + Topsfield,MA Fairs and maybe some other locations. As for the Ghost Train rethemed - Now = Castle of Evil. The "signage"(Ghost Train) was removed, and whole front was repainted. Its been maybe 3-4 years now.