sausageseller
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:10:25 PM
Until we get an honest objective media things will only get worse. Part of that falls into our educational system. Kids are challenged to think any more. They are told what to think, not how nor are they told to question anything. In my old age I have learned to question everything, do my own research and try to find viable solutions. More here should try it. As noted on tv last night, over cable ratings were USA, TNT and ESPN were the top rated, 4th was FNC. I'm not sure CNN or MSNBC even scored in the top 25.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
sausageseller
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:23:56 AM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

Until we get an honest objective media things will only get worse. Part of that falls into our educational system. Kids are challenged to think any more. They are told what to think, not how nor are they told to question anything. In my old age I have learned to question everything, do my own research and try to find viable solutions. More here should try it. As noted on tv last night, over cable ratings were USA, TNT and ESPN were the top rated, 4th was FNC. I'm not sure CNN or MSNBC even scored in the top 25.

FNC averages 1.8 million viewers on prime time .

Broadcast ABC, CBS ,NBC prime time news average over 21 million viewers.

The controling power the FNC haters like to give FNC is not backed up by the numbers.

Actual numbers would point to ratings titans American Idol, Biggest Loser and Survivor having a lock on influence, if one belives in the "mind control" aspect.[wacko]

Skywheelrider
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:21:11 PM
Originally Posted by: sausageseller 

FNC averages 1.8 million viewers on prime time .

Broadcast ABC, CBS ,NBC prime time news average over 21 million viewers.

The controling power the FNC haters like to give FNC is not backed up by the numbers.

Actual numbers would point to ratings titans American Idol, Biggest Loser and Survivor having a lock on influence, if one belives in the "mind control" aspect.[wacko]

A recent study done by Pew Research Center had this to say about Fox News watchers: 39% call themselves Republican, 33% say they are Democrats, and 22% say they are independent, with 6% undecided. That's pretty 'fair and balanced' any way you look at it.

A recent poll done by Democrat-leaning Public Policy Polling found that 49% of those polled trust Fox News more than any other news outlet (37% do not consider Fox the most trusted news outlet); 39% picked CNN, while 41% do not trust CNN, 35% trust NBC (and MSNBC) while 44% said they do not. CBS came in at 32% for and 46% against, and ABC at 31% for and 46% against.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Benjibear
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:24:50 PM
Kids aren't taught to think. They are taught to do well on standardized tests. Many schools don't even teach subjects like science and social studies because they are not being tested.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
sausageseller
Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:42:28 AM
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

Kids aren't taught to think. They are taught to do well on standardized tests. Many schools don't even teach subjects like science and social studies because they are not being tested.

Our public education system has been corrupted by liberalization.
Since the 60s colleges and universities have pressed a leftist education.
Teachers from preK to HS inject "green education" based leftist indoctrination.The "social studies" classes are taught with a leftist view point using leftist study materials.
All the while the leftist entertainment industry presses them in their free time.

We are a snowball headed down hill and it isn't going to turn out well in the end.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:57:54 AM
A recent WSJ poll has shown that 97% of the top 100 mcw posters are worried about their next beer
and the other 3% are:

Flamo
Sausage
Bishop

whom are worried about World Peace and their piece of the World.
UserPostedImage
Mennayar
Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:54:35 AM
Fair and Balance,not any more; News Corp. submitted to the U.K. government earlier this month is an unusual acknowledgment from the company: News Corp.-owned Fox News is "opinionated news." Any how seems like the medias main goal is to keep us confused and arguing with each other, instead of keeping our leaders and corporations in check.

The American school system is outdated and long over due for a "update", now it's an "issue" if kids question authority. If their too dumb to pass a test, they get to take it again and if they fail again, they get sent to the "special room" or get a para to basically talk them through the test and since so many paras are need, their hiring them from temp services, no child left behind needs to be repealed.

And for global warming, bring it on...lol. Maybe it's exactly what humanity needs, the religious get to meet their creator and the atheist get to say, "told you so". [bolt]